A betta named Python!!

1. PythonTheBetta Member Member

So long story short, Python was left in my computer science teacher's classroom after a student decided she no longer wanted a fish. Why the name Python? Python is a computer programming language (and sounds better than HTML!) Needless to say I was very excited about the new class pet, I had always wanted a fish but was never allowed to get one. Python became my honorary pet, I fed her, did water changes, and scoured the internet to find ways to improve her quality of life. So when the teacher asked if I would take Python home for the summer, I of course said yes! This was the original tank Python was in, I know this is not at all an ideal setup. [​IMG]
    I recently moved her to this 0.7 gallon Marina EZ care that was on clearance[​IMG]
    I realize this is still not a good tank but it's only temporary as I have a 2.5 gallon with a filter that I'm going to cycle. Just trying to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing. [​IMG]
    Python is a very happy fish who, even though she is definitely a girl, builds the occasional bubble nest! She greets me with a little wiggle dance when I approach the tank and is loving the plant in her current tank. Oh! One more thing, she loves swimming in between the tank and the PH alert! It makes me laugh! One last thing(I know this post is getting quite long!) this is what Python looked like the first day in the classroom[​IMG][​IMG]
    almost lifeless, hanging out near the top, just not looking good at all. I was afraid she wouldn't make it. But the next day she bounced back and has been happy and healthy ever since!

2. Daniel W Member Member

Wow! Sounds like you cared for her well! If you want a tip on cycling, you can easily cycle the 2.5 by simply placing your current filter media in your new filter. Good luck and have fun keeping her!

3. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

4. PythonTheBetta Member Member

unfortunately the current tank doesn't have a filter :/ the premise of it is when new water is poured in, old water is pushed into a reservoir which is then emptied. It's not a permanent situation but works for now. Thank you for the tip though!!

Not yet but I know I need to get one! I'm going to talk to my teacher(since she bought the tank) and see if she would be willing to purchase one. For now I have a Seachem Ammonia Alert and I have that in the current tank.