A betta Myth Collection

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The tank is in my living room the pics are pasted together...That is my 55 gallon grow out tank...

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Beautiful MM! What a breathtaking sight.

Betta Myth) Betta fish are all the same and have no individual personality.

Betta Fact) Bettas can have more personality than most humans! and they are all different.

Betta Myth) As bettas are fighter fish, they are programmed to hatred and will never bond with or like anything.

Betta Fact) Bettas are capable of forming the strongest of bonds with their owners, they can show affection and are capable of love. Given half the chance of loving a betta will overcome even their own ailments to try and show their owners that they love them.

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Betta myth 19) Bettas can live for 7 - 10 years. (One of my local fish stores, although this seems like optimism, when my betta Achilles aged at 2 1/2 - 3 years I clung to this theory as false hope, it hurts when they tell you something that just isn't possible).

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Pet store Splendens average 1-2 years it seems and 7-10 is like the record set in laboratory conditions I think. I wish it were true..

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I know they probably thought it was encouraging to give me this information but it made me think I could get him to live for that long. It was kinda torturous of them. It also made me think I could have done more for him to prolong his life.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom