95 Litre Tank - Pandas, Guppies And Rummynose?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by CJRIO125, Feb 10, 2019.

1. CJRIO125New MemberMember

Hi all,

I am looking to start a second tank going. It is around 95Litres. I was wondering if the following stocking would be ok please?

6 rummy nose
    4 or 5 Panda cories
    5 guppies

Any other stocking suggestions for this tank are also welcome. I do already have minnows, neons and a ram in my other thank though so I am looking for something different.

Thanks

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some more suggestions today

3. CJRIO125New MemberMember

Awesome thank you.

4. Otocinclus13Valued MemberMember

How about a school of silvertip tetras? They're super active and fun to watch, and would do well with the cory cats. You need a group of at least 8-10 in order for them to be happy (otherwise they tend to gang up on weaker members of the school and become jerks). What does 95 liters translate to in gallons?

I just googled the volume conversion... Looks like you're around 25 gallons. So you could do a decent-size school of silvertips with cory cats no problem. I've heard that people have had success keeping them with rummynose or guppies provided you have a big enough school of silvertips, or you could just max out your space with a bigger school (their behavior is even cooler in big groups).

Another option would be to do a small school like the rummynose or the guppies, panda cories for your bottom-level swimmers, and a centerpiece fish like a honey gourami.

Just a note on the cory cats: they like to be in schools of at least 6 (they exibit more natural behavior that way, which shows that they aren't feeling stressed). You should have enough room for 6 in your tank, or you could always go for a school of dwarf cory cats. They're smaller and tend to swim in the bottom to mid level (they're more prone to "real" swimming than the full size cory cats that like to bumble around the bottom). They're really cute and very active!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  5. Vancouver MikeValued MemberMember

I have similar stock in my 65 Gallon, I would check out YouTube for suggestions, I quite like Cory from this link here