90 Gallon Tank Manufacturer Defect, sigh...

Awaken_Riceball_

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It was supposed to be an exciting day for the long-awaited new 90G aquarium; however, upon arriving home and removing the cardboard protection. I noticed at the bottom, the glass cracked. I have contacted the respective company for warranty replacement, and I will provide an ongoing update about it for future reference. I decided not to list the company's name for now until I get an overall unbias opinion about their customer service. Since it is my first manufacturer defect warranty claim regarding an aquarium, I do not know the outcome of how this will proceed.

TBA - View picture attached

Donthemon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Open it next time before you leave the store. Should be able to return it to the store you bought it from and exchange it.

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Awaken_Riceball_ said:
It was supposed to be an exciting day for the long-awaited new 90G aquarium; however, upon arriving home and removing the cardboard protection. I noticed at the bottom, the glass cracked. I have contacted the respective company for warranty replacement, and I will provide an ongoing update about it for future reference. I decided not to list the company's name for now until I get an overall unbias opinion about their customer service. Since it is my first manufacturer defect warranty claim regarding an aquarium, I do not know the outcome of how this will proceed.

TBA - View picture attached
OOOOhhhh I wanna know what brand has black silicone!

Awaken_Riceball_

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
coralbandit said:
Looks like just black caulk on the glass ?
DUDE!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER! I took a razor blade, and it began to remove! I am blown away, and I cannot believe that silicon will make it look like the glass cracked. My day just brighten up again! THANK YOU!

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tempered glass which is the bottom of most tanks 75 g + will not just crack it will shatter .
Glad your tank is good !
What is going in it ??

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
StarGirl15 said:
OOOOhhhh I wanna know what brand has black silicone!
Most deep blues are black caulk and my #1 LFS said I could choose between black and clear with Aqueon when I ordered my 65gs..

Awaken_Riceball_

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
coralbandit said:
Tempered glass which is the bottom of most tanks 75 g + will not just crack it will shatter .
Glad your tank is good !
What is going in it ??
Thank you again! I will keep that mind going forward.

It is Angelfish, Panda Garra, Kulhi Loaches, Apistogramma Cacatuoides pair and Phoenix Tetra in a heavily planted tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom