90 Gallon Stocking

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am starting to take care of a partially stocked 90 gallon tank. Current inhabitants are a common pleco (8 inches), six zebra danios, two cory cats, and about ten swordtails. I want to bulk out the cory cat school and am also hoping to get something that will keep the swordtail population in check. Any suggestions for something that will eat lots of swordtail babies, but isn't so aggressive that it will bully my other fish? I would like a centerpiece fish. Some sort of cichlid would be great!

Latrell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Add a pair of apistogramma cacatouides...and for the sword tail try to expose the places they would hide when you see them and the adults and other fishes will usually eat them ....or add some tetras like black skirts or other decent size tetras they literally any little thing that move or alive any small fish bug etc...that could solve ur problem

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmm, my mom's tank has a lot of black skirt tetras so i would like to get something different. I love cockatoo cichlids! Maybe i will try a few of them. My only concern is the last ones i had were infested with camallanus worms, which i understand is common with dwarf cichlids. I’ll have to check with my LFS and see if the ones they have are captive bred.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom