90 Gallon Stock Idea

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by LaniKai, Apr 16, 2018.

1. LaniKai

LaniKaiValued MemberMember

So I will be getting a 90-gallon fish tank soon (the tank will be properly cycled before adding any fish) and I'm trying to figure out the stock list. The tank comes with a Fluval 405 but I might buy another filter if needed. The tank will also be planted with wood and rocks.
    So what I would like to have is
    2 Angelfish
    10 Cardinal tetra
    10 Rummy nose tetra
    10 Harlequin Rasbora
    1 Common whiptail catfish
    2 Bolivian Rams
    3 Swordtails (1m2f)
    8 Sterbai Corydoras
    Now that would be my perfect stock but I think it would also be overstocking the tank.
    Would the Angelfish, Bolivian ram, and the Swordtails get along? Should I get rid of 1 of the species of schooling fish and make the other 2 slightly bigger?
    The only fish that are a must-have in this stock list are the Angelfish. Everything else I'm fairly flexible on changing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hunter1

Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

I think it’ll be a kool tank.

Without checking temps on everything, I would eliminate the cardinals and get the other schools to 12. Don’t know anything about whiptail catfish but how will they get along with corys?

I’m doing a 90 soon, gonna build the stand this coming weekend.

Mine is to raise angels. Plan to start with 10-12. Let them pair off. Have 3 29s ready and move them as they pair. Rehome the remaining 4-6 and use the 90 as a rearing tank.

Good luck and i’d Like to see how yours comes out.

3. OP
    OP
    LaniKai

LaniKaiValued MemberMember

I completely forgot to check for matching temps lol. Assuming my info is correct, the only 2 fish that like slightly cooler water are the rummy nose and the harlequin. I saw that they like 72-77 water and the angelfish like 75-82 water. Should I try to find a different kind of schooling fish or would they be fine?

After doing a bit more research I think I might go with a Farlowella or royal Farlowell catfish. I couldn't find a lot of info about having a Farlowella and corydoras together but from what I could find it should be fine.

Any particular reason to get rid of the Cardinals? or do you just prefer the other 2 species?

Good luck on raising the angelfish they are a beautiful fish.

4. Hunter1

Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

Cardinals? Just know they too out at about 78 and angels do well at 80.

And I can’t find em around here.

I just said cardinals, IMO 2 schools with more #s would be better than 3 schools but that’s just my opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice