90 Gallon Stock Idea

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by LaniKai, Apr 16, 2018.

1. LaniKaiValued MemberMember

So I will be getting a 90-gallon fish tank soon (the tank will be properly cycled before adding any fish) and I'm trying to figure out the stock list. The tank comes with a Fluval 405 but I might buy another filter if needed. The tank will also be planted with wood and rocks.
    So what I would like to have is
    2 Angelfish
    10 Cardinal tetra
    10 Rummy nose tetra
    10 Harlequin Rasbora
    1 Common whiptail catfish
    2 Bolivian Rams
    3 Swordtails (1m2f)
    8 Sterbai Corydoras
    Now that would be my perfect stock but I think it would also be overstocking the tank.
    Would the Angelfish, Bolivian ram, and the Swordtails get along? Should I get rid of 1 of the species of schooling fish and make the other 2 slightly bigger?
    The only fish that are a must-have in this stock list are the Angelfish. Everything else I'm fairly flexible on changing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

I think it’ll be a kool tank.

Without checking temps on everything, I would eliminate the cardinals and get the other schools to 12. Don’t know anything about whiptail catfish but how will they get along with corys?

I’m doing a 90 soon, gonna build the stand this coming weekend.

Mine is to raise angels. Plan to start with 10-12. Let them pair off. Have 3 29s ready and move them as they pair. Rehome the remaining 4-6 and use the 90 as a rearing tank.

Good luck and i’d Like to see how yours comes out.

3. LaniKaiValued MemberMember

I completely forgot to check for matching temps lol. Assuming my info is correct, the only 2 fish that like slightly cooler water are the rummy nose and the harlequin. I saw that they like 72-77 water and the angelfish like 75-82 water. Should I try to find a different kind of schooling fish or would they be fine?

After doing a bit more research I think I might go with a Farlowella or royal Farlowell catfish. I couldn't find a lot of info about having a Farlowella and corydoras together but from what I could find it should be fine.

Any particular reason to get rid of the Cardinals? or do you just prefer the other 2 species?

Good luck on raising the angelfish they are a beautiful fish.

4. Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

Cardinals? Just know they too out at about 78 and angels do well at 80.

And I can’t find em around here.

I just said cardinals, IMO 2 schools with more #s would be better than 3 schools but that’s just my opinion.