90 Gallon Saltwater Journal

Gozer_1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Good ol clean up crew. I feel you on that one. I need to add a bunch myself. Don't have nearly enough algea munchers. Nerites are on sale at Liveaquaria right now. 0.99 a piece. Not a big snail but can put a dent in some algea when you have a bunch of them. their size allows them in to smaller hard to reach areas. They're also one of the prettier shelled snails. Anyway, just a thought.

Rbacchiega

Valued Member
Reaction score
I found a snail in my live rock that I added to the Nano tank yesterday. It looks to be either a zebra striped turbo snail or a bumble bee snail. I noticed it as I was actually looking at the tank beside it (25 gallon with daffodil cichlids)....man did that thing ever move across the bottom of the tank. It was awesome.

I should be able to add the cleanup crew into the nano this sunday....wooooo!

Rbacchiega

Valued Member
Reaction score
Stupid live rock didn't come in and I"m a very impatient person (which is horrible when cycling a tank) so I picked up 25 lbs of Premium Figi rock and added that, which only brings the total to 40lbs. Which means I have a whopping 90 lbs more to add....then wait another two weeksish for it to cycle again.... At this rate the nano will be up and running with corals and fish before the tank that I bought 3 months before I set up the nano will still be cycling.

Rbacchiega

Valued Member
Reaction score
sucked it up (was tired of waiting) and ordered 65 lbs of live fiji premium rock. Which will bring the in tank volume to 105lbs. So another 20 lbs after that and I'll have 125, which is all I really want to be in there for now anyways

Rbacchiega

Valued Member
Reaction score
THE TANK IS CYCLED!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO!

Currently running 7 hermits (all they had) through the drip system...dun dun dun, next up, in a week or so....the SAILFIN TANG....look out amazing tank, here I come

Rbacchiega

Valued Member
Reaction score
Indeed. I like it alot better, less mess, less hassle,\...less coin spent on clean up crew

Wolfgang8810

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I just got my 90 gallon tank too im in the process of adding LR but its comming along nicley. I want a Sali fin tang!! but i will mostlikley get a purple, yellow or blue tang :) I like the purple th best.

oh heres my tank

2.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom