90 gallon reef in progress. - Page 3

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
I think the family and I came up with something. Since I sold corals to get this guy he is now named "Barter" :) everything looks good so far he is still getting used to the 90 gallon opposed to the little box he was in.

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
he is still very shy. every tme I walk by the tank I hear a little splash from him darting across the tanks surface. I tried to feed him today and he ate a little bit. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before he is a little tank terror. :)

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
this morning my clown jumped into my overflow :-( he is ok I fished him out (no pun intended) so here is my latest upgrade to my tank.

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
My powerheads came in today!! I got a Koralia 3 and 4 which boosted my total flow 2050GPH!!! that along with mt Quiet one 6000 return pump brings me to a total of

3550GPH!

691.jpg

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
hah me too. I will be upgrading the lights to 400 watts of T-5 HO with individual reflectors in the coming months and also by then I will have a few more corals in there.

After I get back from my N.C. excursion this coming week I will be adding a Kole tang and a Lawnmower blenny to the tank.

Darlene

Well Known
Reactions
Wolfgang8810 said:
hah me too. I will be upgrading the lights to 400 watts of T-5 HO with individual reflectors in the coming months and also by then I will have a few more corals in there.

After I get back from my N.C. excursion this coming week I will be adding a Kole tang and a Lawnmower blenny to the tank.
I saw a lawnmower blenny at the petco here, I thought he was a pretty interesting looking guy. Can't wait to see yours.

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
me neither :) I'm sure with the kole and blenny combo my HA will be decimated mwahahahaha

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
I bought the kole tang today and a blenny but the blenny is going onto my smaller tank. the HA in there. But ill have pictures up of the tang after acclimation :)

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
picture time

Here is barter. He has colored up really nice over the past week

189.jpg

Here is the best picture I can get of Debbie my new Kole tang. She is already eating stuff off the glass and rocks :)

And last but not least is my poor lawnmower blenny that was almost beatten to death by my 6 line wrasse. He has been in the same place most of the day breathing heavy, but in the past 10 mins he has started to swim up the glass and pick at some algae I hope he does well in here.

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
he is fully recovered and happy right now he is perched on a rock munching on some macro algae :)

204.jpg

and a much better picture of Debbie. She is swiming all over the tank now. Shes still a little skittish but time will fix that.

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
Thanks Guys! They definitely are all looking super happy :) Ill be adding corals now so ill keep you posted and especially after I get my new 8x54 T-5 HO light over top

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
Good news yall. I have added another critter. A pretty sailfin tang. It is about half the size of my Kole tang and she is not liking the new comer. But I think she is setteling down a little bit. Here are some pictures of the new little guy. I'm looking for names :) The pictures are taken 30 mins after introducing the little guy to the tank.

OP
Wolfgang8810

Wolfgang8810

Well Known
Reactions
Good news. My new Sailfin tang is not getting beat up by my kole tang anymore. My Kole tang is about twice the size of the sailfin and after lastnight they actually seem to be getting long really well.

New Threads