90 Gallon Build

1. Heather L

Heather L Valued Member Member

Hi,

I'm just starting my 90 gallon build. I'm going to move the inhabitants of my 55 to this tank once its up and running. My current stock list is as follows: 15 rummynose tetras, 2 pearl gourami, 3 SAE, 2 Farowella Twigs and 4 sterbai corydoras. I'm planning on adding a few more corys soon.

Plants are Italian VAl, anubias (multiple varieties), amazon swords, various crypt, bacopa, christmas fern and water lettuce.

With this stock in the 55 that they are currently in I barely/rarely register any nitrates.

I would like to add to this stock a bristle nose pleco (if it won't disrupt the farowellas, I could also move the farowellas to my blackwater tank) & 3-6 glass catfish. Do I have room for a pair of angelfish as well?

The tank will be heavily planted, with wood and botanicals.

I have a Fluval 406 & a Seachem 110 Tidal Power filter that will go on this new 90 gallon. Both of these are starting to cycle on the 55 already.

Ideas and advice appreciated. I'm having a hard time getting my head around what I want this tank to be. As a general rule I prefer fewer species in higher numbers.

2. Raizinhell

Raizinhell Valued Member Member

If you prefer fewer species in higher numbers, then just up the numbers of the same fish like 50 rummynose.

3. OP
    OP
    Heather L

I thought about that, and I really like that idea.
    I would like to add the pleco as well, and I’ve always wanted angels, but have never had the room.

4. Raizinhell

That gives you an excuse for an angel tank lol! Keep your 55 gallon for your rummynose and use the 90 gallon for angel tank.

5. Raizinhell

Have a bristlenos in one tank and the sticks in the other

6. OP
    OP
    Heather L

Hahahaha.... I’ve been thinking about that too, I need a bigger house

7. OP
    OP
    Heather L

Thanks! Good to know. I think I’ll move the farowella to the blackwater.