90 gallon aquarium build

Coreyg93

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well guys off to my next build. My 90 gallon sump tank is cycling now and ready for ideas!

My 75 is doing good for the first few days, just time now for plants to grow in and more fish to add. Looking for ideas for my 90 gallon! Preferably south or Central American based. Possibly willing to do oddballs if it makes sense.

Ideas welcome! Thanks!

Johnb114

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you are interested in odd balls I would recommend an amazon leaf fish. Very unique and stays under 4”. I currently have one and it is fascinating to watch move around

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How about discus? Angels? Keyholes? Apistos? Latacara? What colors are you looking for? We can give ideas based on that color/fish you want.

OP
C

Coreyg93

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Amazoniantanklvr said:
How about discus? Angels? Keyholes? Apistos? Latacara? What colors are you looking for? We can give ideas based on that color/fish you want.
Not interested in discus, angelfish, tetras, barbs, killifish, etc etc

OP
C

Coreyg93

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
JettsPapa said:
How about rainbowfish?
Maybe for one of my 2 40 gallon breeders I’m going to setup

Rev

Well Known
Reaction score
I'm just gonna throw a bunch of stuff out there cuz screw it why not. What about marble hatchets, purple pencilfish, a nice big school of corydoras. Maybe a pleco or two, lots of cool options for them. Or a whiptail cat. A giant oto could be really cool. You could always get a pair or trio of rams. There's always silver dollars. Or I know it's not new world but platinum halfbeaks are pretty cool.

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A huge school of corries would be awesome! I also second freshwater archerfish. Or if you don’t want corries you could go brackish and get a mix of archers and brackish mollies, my LFS has a tank like this and it’s so cool.

OP
C

Coreyg93

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Maybe I should’ve been more clear in my original post. My wife is blind/visually impaired and it’s hard for her to see some of the smaller fish in big schools that of course look beautiful to us sighted people. Hoping for something bigger so it’s easier for her to see it with the small amount of vision she does have left. Specially something that will contrast well with a black background for fish that swim up higher and something dark or light for the bottom which will determine if my substrate is black or white

EmiliyaCossack

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Coreyg93 said:
Maybe I should’ve been more clear in my original post. My wife is blind/visually impaired and it’s hard for her to see some of the smaller fish in big schools that of course look beautiful to us sighted people. Hoping for something bigger so it’s easier for her to see it with the small amount of vision she does have left. Specially something that will contrast well with a black background for fish that swim up higher and something dark or light for the bottom which will determine if my substrate is black or white
Silver dollars get huge, those would be a great choice in my mind. And some sort of pleco. Or maybe go the catfish route, some are large and the leopard catfish is gorgeous

Rev

Well Known
Reaction score
Alrighty bigger fish. How about a pair of electric blue acaras as a centerpiece. And then a school of rainbows.

HolyKamikaziBetta

Reaction score
Rev said:
I'm just gonna throw a bunch of stuff out there cuz screw it why not. What about marble hatchets, purple pencilfish, a nice big school of corydoras. Maybe a pleco or two, lots of cool options for them. Or a whiptail cat. A giant oto could be really cool. You could always get a pair or trio of rams. There's always silver dollars. Or I know it's not new world but platinum halfbeaks are pretty cool.
I love my marble hatchet ._. He is beautiful and his name is bob

New Threads