9 Inches Srd Flowerhorn

khangdinh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello guys. I just recently got a 9 inches flowerhorn and it's been 4 days already and he doesn't eat much. Is that normal? I heard that fish will eat less when they reach adulthood but not so sure about my fh tho.

ILLBETHEJUDGE

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello guys. I just recently got a 9 inches flowerhorn and it's been 4 days already and he doesn't eat much. Is that normal? I heard that fish will eat less when they reach adulthood but not so sure about my fh tho.
Probably getting used to his new home. it happened to me with an oscar it took 2 weeks before he started eating. just make sure his behavior and color looks normal.
also what are you feeding him?

vernonRSA

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bought a 8 inch, what was said to be, Flowerhorn. He didnt eat at first as well. After about a week he started taking meal worms.
Just as a side comment, the fish doesnt have the protruding knob on his head but I was told not all Flowerhorns have these. It actually looks like a Texas cichlid to me . I housed him with 4 similar sized Oscars but he bullies them no end.
Can this be a Flowerhorn ?

khangdinh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Probably getting used to his new home. it happened to me with an oscar it took 2 weeks before he started eating. just make sure his behavior and color looks normal.
also what are you feeding him?
Oh I see, thank you. I feed him with high quality pellet like Hikari, cichlids gold, and frozen shrimp.

I bought a 8 inch, what was said to be, Flowerhorn. He didnt eat at first as well. After about a week he started taking meal worms.
Just as a side comment, the fish doesnt have the protruding knob on his head but I was told not all Flowerhorns have these. It actually looks like a Texas cichlid to me . I housed him with 4 similar sized Oscars but he bullies them no end.
Can you post a pic of him?

Last edited by a moderator:

ILLBETHEJUDGE

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
post a picture

2XDSWU

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Depending on the size of your flower horn, as if it's still small like 1/4 of what the size of a full grown flowerhorn will grow to the kok might not come up that quick. Feed it bloodworm and high protein pellets and you'll see progress. I thought my flowerhorn was flat as well and I didn't mind so much but it grew after, to see if it's a flowerhorn check for black spots or marble like line across the body as if it's separated. A picture would be great to so I can identify for you.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom