Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

9 Day Vacation. Do I Need Feeder?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by YATT, Apr 24, 2019.

1. YATT Well Known Member Member

Have a 20g tank. 21 small fish

15 neon tetras
    6 gold white clouds

I see some say they’ll be fine and other suggest auto feeders. I’ve never gone more than a day without feeding. Appreciate feedback and thoughts.

2. scarface Fishlore VIP Member

They should be fine. Nine days is nothing. I've gone over 2 weeks without feeding a few times :eek:

3. imba Well Known Member Member

9 days is ok, I was away 18 days without feeding without any issues

4. JenC Well Known Member Member

I'm also inclined to let them fast.

If you want a happy medium perhaps you could have someone drop by in the middle to feed and check on them? Only someone you trust who would follow instructions like rinse hands first, only feed the portion you specifically set aside, wouldn't add random fish to your tank, etc. Someone you could have stop by beforehand for a walkthrough.

But between fasting and an auto-feeder I'd vote fasting.

5. smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Dont get a feeder. If you really worried you can add some live daphnia for them to hunt while your away.

6. coralbandit Fishlore VIP Member

Change water and start the fast one day before you go so water will remain at peak condition while you are gone .
    I have done 9 day vacas without issue .

7. YATT Well Known Member Member

Thanks again everyone. All were fine. In fact the fat golden White Cloud Mountain minnows are thinner and better looking. I’ll soon be moving them to a smaller tank on their own. Greedy eaters.