8ftx 12ft Pond liner biggest pond size

ponitboss

Good night to all, does anyone know the biggest size block pond i can make with a 8ftx 12ft pond liner?

Salem

Assuming you want a rectangle you could do one thats 6x10x1ft (around 448 gal), or one thats 4x8x2ft (around 478gal).

Flyfisha

I have used pond liner .
I have used it to line a rectangular tub. An issue arises at the corners. I would suggest the easiest way to explain what happens in corners when you lap sides and backs to form a corner is for you to cut a paper rectangle or two .

Also when placing the liner you will have to allow for a strip of waste all the way around to be cut off later after the water is added. Around 4 - 6 inches will be lost on 4 sides.

Or you can just buy pond liner as big as you want from a roll thats 3 metres / 10 feet wide. A roll is hundreds of feet long.

ponitboss

Assuming you want a rectangle you could do one thats 6x10x1ft (around 448 gal), or one thats 4x8x2ft (around 478gal).

I have used pond liner .
I have used it to line a rectangular tub. An issue arises at the corners. I would suggest the easiest way to explain what happens in corners when you lap sides and backs to form a corner is for you to cut a paper rectangle or two .

Also when placing the liner you will have to allow for a strip of waste all the way around to be cut off later after the water is added. Around 4 - 6 inches will be lost on 4 sides.

Or you can just buy pond liner as big as you want from a roll thats 3 metres / 10 feet wide. A roll is hundreds of feet long.

I'm aiming for 6ft x 3ftx 2ft depth

Similar Aquarium Threads

• ponitboss
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
ponitboss
  • gian ando
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
gian ando