84* for my angelfish, do i need a heater? Question 

vict0r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello Fishlorians I am new here and also new to the wonderful hobby of fishkeeping, My question is I have a 20 gallon tank with an angelfish (iknow I know its alittle small for him but just such beautiful fish!) but I live in sunny southern california and my tank came with a water heater and I have it in and my tanks at 84*....now I know the fish profile said 74-84 but I was wondering if you guys thought the heater was nessasarry or if u guys thought I could do without? I just don't wanna overheat em being that there at the high end of the preference lol...anyway sorry for the ramble I love lookin around here hopefully one of you can help me!! thanks in advance!!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
if you get the right kind of heater, it won't heat the water unless it gets bellow a certain point. its really up to you, I think, but you might want one for winter.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Vict0r and Welcome to Fish Lore!

Good morning. Having a heater in your tank will help to prevent temperature fluctuations. Good tips from AkarI above

Ken

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aquarist48 said:
Hello Vict0r and Welcome to Fish Lore!

Good morning. Having a heater in your tank will help to prevent temperature fluctuations. Good tips from AkarI above

Ken
bwahahahaha!! >=-D (I'm so bored.... rofl)

thanks Ken! =D

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't use heaters, as long as you have good climate control in your house I don't see how it is really an issue. The important thing is that the temperature doesn't fluctuate, as posted previously. If you already have one, then it's good insurance if you are worried about temperature changes.

84 degrees is a bit high, if you are going to run it that high I suggest running an air pump for extra O2 (if you aren't already).

vict0r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sounds good guys/gals Thank You very much for the quick help I really appreciate it, glad there's a community around like you guys to help us fish keepin noobies!!!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads