800 Dollar Cell Phone Or 800 Dollar Fish Tank?

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In looking into a new tank. A 125 gallon with stand will cost me 800 bucks. That's what some people pay for there new cell phone. So I ask new tank or new phone?

vikingkirken

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Go used or wait for Black Friday, that's my plan...

But if I was gonna choose, tank totally wins. Fancy phones are overrated! And the tank will hold much of its resale should you ever tire of it, unlike the phone which would be worthless in a year or two.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My son has the new Iphone, and aside from a slightly better camera there's nothing his 800 dollar phone can do that my 80 dollar phone can't .

vikingkirken

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think my phone (that I am on right now) was about $150 several years ago. And the plan I have is $12/month. It does everything I need it to do, except a bit more storage space would be nice. Why spend more... I just don't get it.

A 125g tank on the other hand... So many possibilities!!

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't get it either . its like these kids that pay 500 bucks for a pair of sneakers that last 4 months . my 20 pair are still going strong after 2 years. Fish tank wins hands down in my book

AngelTheGypsy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is your phone broken? If not, definitely tank. If so, get the tank and a $50 dumb phone (actually I think the dumb phones cost more than smart phones anymore. You can get a cheap smartphone at Walmart for $40)

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Tank mate, i dont care about my phone its only for taking pics of my tanks anyway lol maybe even try something new like a marine set up thats what i did for my 3rd tank or maybe even a brackish im itching to do another set up with a figure 8 puffer i am already visualising haha

oOBlueOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tank! I don't care for those expensive phones, anyway. Mine is a cheap boost mobile phone.

Nanologist

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
How is this question even being asked!? lol

Glad to see so many "correct" answers. You're all my type of peeps!

Only way I could agree with the phone is if you need it to install the Fishlore Forum app, but even then if you're fine using a browser then forget the new phone. =P

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I got a $900 CDN phone for $50 by getting a carrier subsidized phone (Samsung S7 Edge).
More money for tanks

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If I asked this question on Instagram I wonder what answer I would get

Books&Fish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You can get far more entertainment and education and longevity from an $800 fish tank than you can with an $800 phone that's obsolete in 2 years. Cost-benefit analysis says fish tank all the way. Non-cost-benefit analysis says fish tank all the way. $800 on a phone is insanity (says the girl with $150 smartphone and Cricket service. I don't get this iPhone thing.)

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Fish tank! All of my phones have been hand-me-downs from my parents, but as long as a phone can take pictures and has a notes feature...it'll be fine for me.

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Whenever I upgrade my phone, I get the previous years flagship or similar.
Even though I seem to live on my phone, there is no way I can justify spending huge amounts of money on buying a phone outright.

AlexandraC

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Without a doubt, a fish tank!

Mind you, I would probably need to buy a bigger house to fit it in, but would definitely still go for the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom