8 kribensis 4 albino black widows

Chels01

The two largest are causing trouble in the tank, because if the shape of the tank I thought they could see their reflections it seemed to bother them . So I've put some paper there for now. It seems every time.i look at them they go crazy I only just got them today I know they need to settle in and I'm going to get a cave for them as I read in the post the need to hide from eachother too. It's definitely getting calmer since I put the paper there? Any suggestions

WRWAquarium

How large is the tank they are in? 8 kribs will need quite allot of room to establish territories. Pairs forming could be even more trouble I'm afraid.

Chels01

30 litre I did ask at the shop. That was the amounts they came in but. The albino black widows should have been six they gave me 4. There calm too calm and they only charged me for 4 cribensis and gave me 8. I think its hard to tell now there in the tank. The black widows are always staying low. I'm trying my best not to look at them and let them settle in

Cue

30 litre I did ask at the shop. That was the amounts they came in but. The albino black widows should have been six they gave me 4. There calm too calm and they only charged me for 4 cribensis and gave me 8. I think its hard to tell now there in the tank. The black widows are always staying low. I'm trying my best not to look at them and let them settle in
That’s incredibly overstocked, kribs usually need 20-30 gallons each, not including the widows. Overall you MIGHT be able to pull this off in a 210-230 liter tank.
Did you cycle the tank? How did you cycle it? What are your water parameters; we will need more than ‘fine’ or ‘ok’.

WRWAquarium

Yes a much larger tank is needed. As the store was so relaxed maybe they would take the fish back?

In a 30 litre you could do a Betta or a group of nano fish/small tetras or rasboras.

Definately research the nitrogen cycle if you haven't allready.

Best of luck.

DoubleDutch

Albino BW don't excist.
I'd return the kribs.

Noroomforshoe

I'm sorry that you were misinformed, but you need to rehome all of the fish. 8 ribs would not work even in a 400-liter tank. Black widow tetra need a school of 6+ in a 90 liter or larger tank.
If the store doesn't want to return them, ask for a manager, you were very clearly misinformed and they need to return your money, don't leave without your money,

You tank can house a single betta. or some shrimp or snails.

DoubleDutch

I assume white skirt tetras which are basically the same fish anyway I think.
They are leucistic fish (no red eyes)

Chels01

I didn't see your messages but they are settling, they didn't eat eachother none of them dies but there is 6 kribensis and two black widows 2 black widows went...the only problem is they keep swimming to the top for oxygen and one of the so called black widows died...they are calm now. But need more air I am taking a jug of water out as my flat is very warm and replacing it with cooler water I know I will have to add safe water condioner for them in time. I can't be without them they are everything to me can you advice me further please as I said they are calm they just need more oxygen how do I get oxygen in I don't have the money right now all I can do is add oxygenated water I've turn the temperature down. I keep the fan on and the windows open tbh I don't think they should have given me sand. They didn't have that in their tank and its not doing anything for the water.
I'm sad they have done so much for me my fish I don't want to watch them die, and as they are calm I feel like I could help them be better

WRWAquarium

I didn't see your messages but they are settling, they didn't eat eachother none of them dies but there is 6 kribensis and two black widows 2 black widows went...the only problem is they keep swimming to the top for oxygen and one of the so called black widows died...they are calm now. But need more air I am taking a jug of water out as my flat is very warm and replacing it with cooler water I know I will have to add safe water condioner for them in time. I can't be without them they are everything to me can you advice me further please as I said they are calm they just need more oxygen how do I get oxygen in I don't have the money right now all I can do is add oxygenated water I've turn the temperature down. I keep the fan on and the windows open tbh I don't think they should have given me sand. They didn't have that in their tank and its not doing anything for the water.
I'm sad they have done so much for me my fish I don't want to watch them die, and as they are calm I feel like I could help them be better
Could you take a picture of the tank? Might help us to help you with suggestions.

You should always dechlorinate any water going into the tank. Period. Lots of water changes are probably good right now for your tank.

Do you know the water temperature?

Is there no filter in the tank? That is necessary really unless in cases where plants and low stocking can support a healthy cycle.

Oxygenation will come from surface agitation. An air pump or the filters water outlet/powerhead is usually enough for healthy 02 levels. Without either I'm not sure what is an option for you other then what your doing.

Chels01

There's a filter, the temperature is 24 because it gets tuffy in here. I'm trying to balance the warmth and the oxygen....there calm noe but a few like every hour try to get air from the tip
Top....sorry
They're not all showing they go shy with a camera
I think one of them is pregnant she's got a big belly...it's not about the cycle of the tank or anything else I can tell there happy at night it's just at day when it's so stuffy they have barley any oxygen the flueter and pump came with the tank, there's currently 4 kribensis drinking there life away at the top I keep refreshing I don't know how to help them...I can walk th back to the pet store. I don't want to I want to help them. Please I know you haven't judged me but I want to help them I really do think it is the sand
They are leucistic fish (no red eyes)
Oh no they have red eyes if you shine red light at them. I've covered my red light switches. And reflections they didn't like it...there getting calmer by the day
I've taken the plant out, they didn't have it in their tank at the petrol store...their swimming round like family now....just waiting for the water to clear
I think there going to get better they are so much happier and together since I took the plant out

Attachments

• 20220523_143258.jpg
    20220523_143258.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 7

Noroomforshoe

The tanks at the pet store are set up to display and sell fish, they are far from healthy environments. Kribensise neeed the plants, live or silk, and other hideouts to break up territories and de-stress. If you truly think that the fish need more oxygen, buy an air pump and an air stone. If you can't afford that. use a cup or a water bottle to scoop up tank water, and pour it back in from a few inches above the water surface to break the water surface and create bubbles, You should keep the tank at 24 minimum and keep it stable. This is the temp that the fish need to be active and metabolize their food. If you truly care for them, you NEED to get a much larger tank, they can not survive in a tank that small, I am sorry to sound rude, but I am only stating facts.

airfix2

you could probably do a 1-2 kirbensis in your tank, but im not too sure about this. however, your tank could support 7-8 endlers, a betta, or something small like that.

WRWAquarium

Can you test the water? As its a new tank? I would be worried about ammonia and nitrite being an issue not oxygen.

Is the water coming out of your filter breaking the waters surface?

Sand is good to have on the bottom of your tank, it may make water cloudy if not rinsed well but can't do any harm.

Chels01

The tanks at the pet store are set up to display and sell fish, they are far from healthy environments. Kribensise neeed the plants, live or silk, and other hideouts to break up territories and de-stress. If you truly think that the fish need more oxygen, buy an air pump and an air stone. If you can't afford that. use a cup or a water bottle to scoop up tank water, and pour it back in from a few inches above the water surface to break the water surface and create bubbles, You should keep the tank at 24 minimum and keep it stable. This is the temp that the fish need to be active and metabolize their food. If you truly care for them, you NEED to get a much larger tank, they can not survive in a tank that small, I am sorry to sound rude, but I am only stating facts.
No it's fine I understand, thanks. It's just they had like 50 In a small tank there they seemed happy, shame isn't it. Il try my best

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rok55
Replies
Views
backflipfronflip
Replies
Views
KribensisLover1
Replies
Views