8 foot unique tank on craigslist

1. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Wow that would be one amazing set up!

3. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

What an incredibly huge tank! I wonder what they were keeping in it. from the supplies, I'm guessing reptiles. Aside from how to get it home.. just imagine all the interesting things that could be done with a tank that size.

4. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

WoOoOoOoW! Just think of the possibilities. If that doesn't get you excited I don't know what will. I need to hit the lottery

5. SW5 Well Known Member Member

Ooh... Looks like a nice tank. I just can't imagine how much that would weigh when filled.

6. andiok Member Member

looks more like a reef tank to me. would be perfect for corals at least. one of my lfs here has the same thing, just wider that 2' but definitely 7-8'

7. matsungit Well Known Member Member

You can do a coral frag tank, an estuary, a beach, river bank, mangrove swamp, wonderful possibilities. Too many tall and long tanks in the market and it's rare to see a shallow, long, and wide tank like this. Frag tanks are too square-ish. It's a bargain for only $300 and it comes with a free stand.

8. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Or you could do something like this ;)
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLEHdX_ixaJc8JobokM4rZuey5nhj78XoB& v=SN9vqf8yp7c[/video]

9. matsungit Well Known Member Member

That is so cool! They must be using one heck of a monster overflow and pump system. I imagined doing something like that but with a lot less flow. But this is awesome and really simulates a natural river brook!

10. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

I wonder what the GPH on that system is pulling?
    :) that G.R. Pleco looks like mine :)

11. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! :O I have to have it.... Dang it!! My MTS is kicking in :p

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

12. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

And Coradee what did you type in to see that?? The link for some reason is not working on my phone and I wanna see it :(

13. matsungit Well Known Member Member

14. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

But is this stand solid enough to hold it if it were filled with water? And if it was custom built for snakes, can one be sure that it won't bulge out too much down the length from the pressure of all the water? I have some of that going on with a couple of 10 gallons...

15. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Pleco rafting, there is another video where they're discussing how they made it

16. Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

17. matsungit Well Known Member Member

I'm betting it can hold the water since it's shallow and wide for better weight distribution.

18. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Thanks!