7gallon fish tank

Bad Wolf

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are most definately platies, just very wide ones, lol.

Yes, 7 gallons is a weird size. I have one, but it is an Aqua one brand, so it's not too unusual, lol

FredBjammin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Nice looking platy's.... and tanks come in all shapes and sizes. 29Gallon Long is probually the most popular tank used in the mom & pop fish stores in my area.

I'll refrain from unkind commets... your tank looks awesome!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Chum,

You have a beautiful tank and fish. Thanks for sharing with us!

Ken

chumzhujun

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I know i shouldnt say from refrain unkind comment., cause i am afraid of people putting vuglar comment. I just need feedback

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We're a pretty good community here - no one wants to be unkind, we only want to help By people saying you're overstocked, they're letting you know that there are too many fish in the tank, they don't mean it in an unkind way at all. Overstocking has happened to many beginners, myself included.

What type of feedback were you after?

I like the stones you have, they look cool

chumzhujun

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
but hard to clean,

Do i need to change my gravel?

or add more plant?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hmm, you could add a different smaller gravel, and then have a few of the nice stones as decoration on top? When you have a lot of fish, being able to clean well is important Do you use a gravel vaccum, like a siphon?

Plants are generally good to have, but I think in this case you have enough plants. If you have more, there will be less room for the fish to swim.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I've merged your posts since they were back to back. Don't forget there is an EDIT key at the bottom of every post that you can use for corrections or additional thoughts. It helps to save a little space on the forum.

Thanks!
Ken

rohitsingh_81

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi Chum,

Nice looking tank !!

Please keep a watch on the fishes for initial couple of weeks since the tank is new and perhaps not cycled. If you see any signs of fish getting stressed, you would be required to add beneficial bacteria.

Keep posting pics as you proceed.

Cheers

chumzhujun

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
No fish dying since i left them there. I think in our country our weather is hot and humid making it to speed up the process. The cycle took me 4day.

UNTAMEDlore

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
THE REASON UR TANK ONLY TOOK 4 DAYS TO CYCLE IS BECAUSE OF THE SIZE, you have a very nice tank its pretty, And not meaning 2 be negative but a overstocked tank will only end in disaster and that very pretty tank of yours will become very much the oppisite the water will be very hard to keep clear and algee green and brown plus waste products will build up fast on the tank floor.. Im sorry please dont take this bad im just trying to help you. if you wish to maintain the look and health of your tank and fish please o please rethink ur stocking.

chumzhujun

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yes .. Now i think is overstocking. And jy tank is dirty.. But what can i do to the fish? Throw the, down from 30story

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom