75gallon Stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Kianna, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Kianna

KiannaNew MemberMember

Hey guys!

I just got my 75 set up and it is cycling while I'm on vacation I can't seem to make up my mind on what I want to put in there though. I'd love to have an angelfish or two, but I'm open to other larger statement fish that would do well in a community tank. Once I've decided on that I think I'll be able to decide on what schooling fish to put in there. Although suggestions are more than welcome!!

I have an Aqueon306 rated for 60gallons and an Aquatop rated for 125gallons

TIA! 20190702_214507.jpg

2. Finatic005

Finatic005Valued MemberMember

What is the pH like? Do you like the idea of schooling fish?? If you tell me that, I’ll might have some interesting ideas

3. OP
    OP
    Kianna

KiannaNew MemberMember

I typically keep my tanks at 7.0

4. Finatic005

Ok good. Have you ever heard of rummynose Rasbora? A large school of them would look beautiful.

5. OP
    OP
    Kianna

KiannaNew MemberMember

They would look great!! The angel won't eat them?

6. Finatic005

I don’t know much about angels personally, but if they are labeled as peaceful then no, they won’t eat them. Also if you have shrimp or fry or possibly eggs in there, the rummynose might eat them. Also look at peacock gudgeons.

7. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

8. 006

006New MemberMember

Peacock eel. Basically got me interested in tanks again. If I couldn't find him I'd have went with some form of loaches, granted i'd never had them.
    Had some unknown gobby (lets say he was knight gobby) in the past and it was fun to watch him stick his head out and spit gravel around.
    Taste of course matters, as I like ugly bottom fish mostly, but I personally look for small fish I like that grow to a reasonable size.