75g update

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Kimberly4403, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

Well i need some advice i love the look of heavy planted tanks but just dont know how to achieve it.. Im slowly adding more plants in over time due to $ oviously, today i added bacopa, another anubias on driftwood and a moss ball but im just not that great at aquascaping and my problem is i plant something then a month later i might change it round again although i didnt up any plants except couple of rush plants accidently when putting in an airstone.. So any advice/help would be great.. I use flourish all in one liquid ferts weekly and just added my first lot of flourish root tabs.. 1 covers a 15cm radious so only added 3 tabs cause my other plants are water column feeders... The first is how it looks now and the second pic of when i first set it up..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

I think it looks fine. It's hard, but be patient. It will all grow and fill in. You don't need a lot of money to have a planted tank. A few plants will turn into a tankful eventually. I really like what you have done with it. Looks awesome.

3. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

Except the rush plants in the corner and possibly the 2 lizards tails will eventually have to be removed as ive read there not true aquatic plants so not ment to be fully submerged

4. derkuliesValued MemberMember

They grass on the left and the anachris on the right will grow quick be ready to do tons of pruning lol. Outside that your lighting looks great the rest is just time. My tank started out not so planted but now it's a jungle lol.

Be sure to trim the tops of anachris it will force it to grow out the sides and become bushy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

Are you talking about hairgrass?? My fish love swimming through it... I didnt know that about the elodia ill trim the tops off from now on

6. derkuliesValued MemberMember

In the picture far right and middle is that not anachris ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

Yes in behind large driftwood is anacharis/elodia