75g stocking

1. callofduty Member Member

Hi so I wanted to ask what else should put into my tank with an oscar. I know most will say just the oscar, but I know I can get away with 1 or maybe 2 more cichlids just wondering and wanna hear the input before I buy another fish.

2. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I personally would put maybe another oscar and call it a day. I'm not sure what else can go with them. Maybe some sort of catfish. I'm not 100% sure a 75gallon will be large enough for two oscars tho. You may want to consider putting a canister filter on it if you don't already have one.

3. callofduty Member Member

no I have a aqua clear 110 on it and if i get another oscar then ill be purchasing another aqua clear 110 so ill be filtering 100gph. thanks for the tip =]

4. jbdub Member Member

you could get some cuckoo catfish, they're fast and fun. can look after themselves around an oscar as well

5. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Bonsai FH 008.jpg

oscar and fh1.jpg

FH and Parrot.jpg I have a Bonsai Flowerhorn and two Parrot fish in with my Oscar. They get along Marvelously. Although, I am partial to Bonsais as you can tell. Two Oscars might be too much, they are such little pigs. I don't know about yours, but when I feed mine food flies everywhere... it even comes out his gills. I can't imagine cleaning up after two of them.

6. callofduty Member Member

what size tank do you have for allo of them?

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates to Aquarium Stocking Questions section of the forum.

Thanks!

Ken

8. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Yes I have to hand feed my clown knife my oscars will actually tearthe food out of my hands and I have to put both my arms in the tank just to feed my knife

9. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I have them in a 60 currently. There is plenty of room for now, but I will be moving them up to a 100 after I get my tax refund. I have had them all together since they were little guys. They started in a 40, went to a 60 and now with some good luck I will have them in a 100. But a 75 is big enough to keep 2 or three in for a very long time.