75g stocking

1. callofduty

callofduty Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi so I wanted to ask what else should put into my tank with an oscar. I know most will say just the oscar, but I know I can get away with 1 or maybe 2 more cichlids just wondering and wanna hear the input before I buy another fish.

2. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +35
    I personally would put maybe another oscar and call it a day. I'm not sure what else can go with them. Maybe some sort of catfish. I'm not 100% sure a 75gallon will be large enough for two oscars tho. You may want to consider putting a canister filter on it if you don't already have one.

3. OP
    OP
    callofduty

callofduty Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    no I have a aqua clear 110 on it and if i get another oscar then ill be purchasing another aqua clear 110 so ill be filtering 100gph. thanks for the tip =]

4. jbdub

jbdub Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    you could get some cuckoo catfish, they're fast and fun. can look after themselves around an oscar as well

5. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Bonsai FH 008.jpg

oscar and fh1.jpg

FH and Parrot.jpg I have a Bonsai Flowerhorn and two Parrot fish in with my Oscar. They get along Marvelously. Although, I am partial to Bonsais as you can tell. Two Oscars might be too much, they are such little pigs. I don't know about yours, but when I feed mine food flies everywhere... it even comes out his gills. I can't imagine cleaning up after two of them.

6. OP
    OP
    callofduty

callofduty Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    what size tank do you have for allo of them?

7. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +271
    Good morning,

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates to Aquarium Stocking Questions section of the forum.

Thanks!

Ken

8. luke355027355027

luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Yes I have to hand feed my clown knife my oscars will actually tearthe food out of my hands and I have to put both my arms in the tank just to feed my knife

9. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I have them in a 60 currently. There is plenty of room for now, but I will be moving them up to a 100 after I get my tax refund. I have had them all together since they were little guys. They started in a 40, went to a 60 and now with some good luck I will have them in a 100. But a 75 is big enough to keep 2 or three in for a very long time.