75g Aquarium stocking suggestions

AquaticJunky1374

Hello all! I have had a 75g tank for a few years and have had it empty for a few months. I've been trying to figure out what to put into it. I would like a lot of different small schooling fish, but I'm open to other ideas if you have some. What types of fish would work best for this idea and how many? Any ideas are appreciated :)

AquaticJunky1374

A school of serpae tetras, a school of blue tetras and a school of white tetras....a patriotic tank!
I love that! Totally going to thank you for the great idea! My brother is in the Army so he would love it!

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I love that! Totally going to thank you for the great idea! My brother is in the Army so he would love it!
Serpaes and the white skirts shouldn't have too much issue finding. The blue tetras are impossible in my area a lot of times, but i have seen them from some online retailers.

Upvote 0

AquaticJunky1374

Serpaes and the white skirts shouldn't have too much issue finding. The blue tetras are impossible in my area a lot of times, but i have seen them from some online retailers.
I might be able to find some other sort of blue schooling fish. I've seen the white and serpaes in my LPS.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

I might be able to find some other sort of blue schooling fish. I've seen the white and serpaes in my LPS.

If you'd like to give a larger shoaling fish a chance I like Turquoise Rainbowfish (also known as Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish.; I have around a dozen in my 65).

Black neon tetras are another option (they're really more blue than black).

Upvote 0

AquaticJunky1374

I've had some rainbowfish in the past, and I do enjoy them. I'll look into the black neon tetras, I haven't heard of them.

Upvote 0

AquaticJunky1374

12 Congo tetras
12 Emperor tetras
12 Lamp Eye Tetras
8 orange burst corydoras.
I am not sure if they are all compatible though
I've tried Cory's in the past but have never seemed to be able to keep them alive :/ I do like tetra personalities.

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

I've tried Cory's in the past but have never seemed to be able to keep them alive :/ I do like tetra personalities.
I chose the tetras that are large because so that you can see them better. They are also quite beautiful IMO especially the congo tetras. Did you have sand when you had them? I feel that is one of the reason they always die. if you're not interested then it is okay.

Upvote 0

AquaticJunky1374

I chose the tetras that are large because so that you can see them better. They are also quite beautiful IMO especially the congo tetras. Did you have sand when you had them? I feel that is one of the reason they always die. if you're not interested then it is okay.
Good point. No I have a gravel tank. Do you have any ideas for live plants? I'm thinking moss balls but don't really know where to start.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

You may not be able to get moss balls, there was an outbreak of zebra mussels. But what are you looking for? Color? Pattern? Small or big? Texture?

Upvote 0

AquaticJunky1374

You may not be able to get moss balls, there was an outbreak of zebra mussels. But what are you looking for? Color? Pattern? Small or big? Texture?
The color does not matter to me. I would just like some smaller plants for the middle/front of the tank. Maybe some sort of ground cover?
Amazon swords, Dwarf aquarium Lillies, money wort, water sprite, java fern, anubias, java moss. There are a LOT. What is your ph?
I am planning on putting water in my tank in a couple of days. I'm in the middle of prepping it.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

Hydrocotyle japan and pearlweed both work w/out Co2 as carpeting plants. For foreground plants there are buce plants, anubias, and some crypts. Just a few examples. If you want a red plant, there is dwarf aquarium lilly.

Upvote 0

AquaticJunky1374

Okay, thanks I think a dwarf lilly would be cool. Do any of you know if you need to put dirt under the gravel along with root pellets, or just add a substrate?

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

Okay, thanks I think a dwarf lilly would be cool. Do any of you know if you need to put dirt under the gravel along with root pellets, or just add a substrate?
Just substrate.

Upvote 0

AquaticJunky1374

Great!! Thanks to anyone who helped me out!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WhatsTheScoop
Replies
Views
Nikn
Replies
Views
FyaNyan
Replies