75 Gallon?

Laxin10

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey guys,

This might be a long one so stay with me here

My current set up is a 55 gallon freshwater and a 40 gallon freshwater up in my room and a 40 gallon saltwater downstairs. Recently I have decided to redo a finished room in the basement and make that my fishroom.

I also figured that since I am putting all my tanks together and doing a big move, I mind as well make some changes. I was thinking about getting rid of my 40 and getting a 75. I would move my smaller fish from my 40 to my 55, and take the larger fish like my Green Terror from my 55 and put it into the new 75 gallon.

I have always wanted a 125, but I am not sure I am willing to get rid of my 55, and I am definitely not willing to deal with 180 (55+125) gallons of water every week for water changes on a well.

So to 75 gallon-owners my question is this: Will a 75 be enough for me? I like 6-8 inch fish (basically fish like my Green Terror), and was wondering whether a 75 would be good for that. Or should I upgrade to a tank bigger than a 75 and get rid of the 55 and my stand?

Any help would be appreciated since I am kind of at a loss.

Laxin10

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lunnietic said:
What all do you plan on transferring to the 75? That you already have?
I would probably only transfer the Green Terror and keep my Giant Danios in the 55.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom