75 Gallon

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Red87078, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Red87078Valued MemberMember

I originally started with two 55 gals but decided to consolidate because its just easier to have one tank. I recently changed my decoration from a Roman theme to a shipwreck. My wife and I really enjoy the new ship and so do our sharks. We were on vacation not too long ago and our two crawdads died, along with two rams, and our sunburst platy school. We now have our 6 inch Goldie, two 5in Pleco, two little iridescent sharks, two rainbow sharks, a dalmatian Molly, one green spotted puffer (the other had a swim bladder disorder and just passed this morning), one rope fish, and an Assassin Snail. 51317ab3b0be090ca5104adbf7428951.jpg
    I have close to two inches of black and white sand, two 330gph dual filters, two heaters, and two dual air pumps, all made for 60 gal tanks. 7f782aa6145e09eadf571c493c14fb03.jpg
    a54bcc55a684cafe02426835f904ba91.jpg
    2073f4d8ce4ac78ff7f084536f02de41.jpg
    f58710d7631c66a8bb90c14ba84de23a.jpg
    They all get along famously and I've never had problems with fish bother other fish besides the crawdads eating fish that died. I'm just wanting some opinions on what to stock with next. Or if I should try to school any existing fish I have.

2. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

I hope you know the common pleco gets 2 feet and the sailfin pleco gets 18 inches, thus you will need at least a 6 feet tank when they get bigger

Are you sure you have iridescent sharks? They get 48 inches long!!!

3. Red87078Valued MemberMember

My LFS will take fish of any size if they get too large. Also I can't say I'm too certain about the iridescent sharks because that's what they were tagged as in the store and now that you made me question it when I look it up I get about 50% of what I have. I'll try to get a picture of them.

4. Ashto BradoValued MemberMember

If u wish to keep ur Goldie, then cichlids r about out of question. U could get a spiny eel, peacock eel, or yellow tailed zig zag eel. A school of tetras, or maybe even some angels. U could get some dwarf cichlids or gouramis. Or maybe even some silver Apollo sharks. Its all up to taste.

5. Red87078Valued MemberMember

I had some Blue Rams that got along with my Goldfish. I'll look into some dwarf cichlids. I wanna school some fish instead of just getting pairs.

6. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

If you get tetras, I suggest getting the big kinds, any small fish will get eaten or try to get eaten by the goldfish

7. Ashto BradoValued MemberMember

Silver Apollo sharks could be good then

8. Red87078Valued MemberMember

Here are the iridescent sharks
    db2a4f2a009dca04cb54bc3aa85e33aa.jpg
    5d6c7b48b1403237b213c5fdb797024b.jpg

9. FishandFunValued MemberMember

To me, your stocking in that tank so far sounds pretty bad. First of all, your goldfish is going to need a pond, and you shouldn't keep them with tropical fish, so you should rehome him. Also, those sharks are going to be way to big for that tank so I would get rid of them too. Plecos, depends on the type, and puffers should really be in a species only tank. Also a molly seems too small to go with your current fish. So the question is do you want small or big fish, then I will be able to come up with a better stocking list. Sorry if this post sounds rude but I'm trying to do what's best for your fish.

10. Red87078Valued MemberMember

The puffers did well I was worried but they do well. Obviously if I had a pond I'd put the Goldfish there. The Molly is the lone survivor of about 5 others. I add them and they're good for about 3-4 weeks and then mysteriously die. I really enjoy my two types of sharks and would like a group that resembles them.

11. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Most likely the iridescent shark ate them.

I agree, with that goldfish in there you really shouldn't be getting any more fish or definitely not tropical fish

12. Red87078Valued MemberMember

I didnt get the sharks until I gave up on getting Molly. The iridescent sharks are about a month old along with the puffers. Now puffer.

13. Red87078Valued MemberMember

14. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Ram cichlids are not a schooling or shoaling species. Also German rams are a warm water species, you should have the temps at 78F

15. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Which fish are you planning on keeping in the tank?

16. happygoluckyWell Known MemberMember

Rope fish get over a foot long, green spotted puffers require brackish water as they get older, rainbow sharks are very territorial with each other, common plecos can reach 2ft and will often fight over territory if they are both males. Iridescent sharks are not for the home aquarium.

I am not trying to be rude, but I believe that none of your fish work together...If you want to make changes to your stocking the only thing I can recommend is removing fish.

17. FishandFunValued MemberMember

I didn't know that green spotted puffers needed brackish water, I learned something new today! I agree, not trying to be rude, but none of the fish in that tank should go together, I think the rope-fish only needs a 55 gallon but I'm not 100% sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice