75 gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by VAFish, Jul 16, 2015.

1. VAFish

VAFish Valued Member Member

Currently houses:

1 long fin albino BN pleco
    20 harlequin rasboras
    1 GBR
    1 Krib
    6 cories
    1 opaline gourami

I moved 6 danios to my cold water 30 today freeing up more space in my 75

Would like some ideas for what I could add as the tank looks kinda bare now that I moved the danios.

I couldn't add a school of rainbows could I? Would that be overstocked? What about other gouramis?

I really like glass cats but I know they are pretty shy so not sure this would be an ideal setup for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Lol you know my 75 is looking pretty bare these days in terms of fish also... Even the wife made a comment about that..

3. OP
    OP
    VAFish

Lol! When written down, it looks like a decent amount of fish but I just need more! I've never had SAE, would they work?

I also want something for the top. I'd love a pearl gourami but not sure if I'm asking for trouble

4. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Yea I need some top swimmers too, it's pretty empty since everyone hangs out near the bottom. I've heard hatchetfish lol...

I love my SAEs, keeps my tank pretty clean except for the dirt that gets stuck on the glass (I have dirt-based substrate). No algae yet, or maybe they eating it too fast haha.

5. alink

alink Well Known Member Member

I would say you could add 10-12 of the smaller Rainbowfish like Neon Dwarf or Threadfin, or 6-8 of the medium size Rainbowfish like Boesemani. I would even think you could add more cories if that was an interest you had. Either another school of 6 of a different kind or add to the current school.

6. OP
    OP
    VAFish

Like the second type of Cory idea. Such a fun fish to watch.

I do love Bos. Rainbows too

7. alink

Yes! Just make sure the cory you have and the 2nd type are able to tolerate the temps required by the GBR (78 for a minimum, 80 is more ideal). I would estimate your current stock about 60% stocked. You got lots of room to play with. You could probably get away with 10 Boesemani and 6 Cory if you like that option.

8. OP
    OP
    VAFish

Tank sits around 78 degrees. I'll have to look into some different types of cories for that temp. My lfs has some beautiful orange marked cories or something like that. Something with orange in the name. But they are like $15 a piece. Yikes

9. alink

Oiapoquensis, Sterbai, Adolfoi, Duplicareus, Aeneus & Gossei are all cories that can handle the warmer temps. There are more but these are the most common ones.

10. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Corydoras seussi is also a higher temp cory.... should be not too hard to find.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice