75 Gallon Sw Build

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I already dosed last night. The risk of not having any inverts down the line is worth the cost of not losing the whole system. After it clears up I’ll use carbon to remove and test. If there is still hints of copper in system I’ll use cuprisorb and if that doesn’t fully get rid of it then I guess not inverts. Is what it is. I don’t keep coral or plan to so not too concerned. I had one nassarius snail if he can’t go back in DT then I’ll just give him to someone I know.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welp no sign of Ich since the initial round of cupramine dose after two weeks. On another positive note my GHA has also cleared up. So score. Now to remove copper and monitor for a couple weeks. If after that time no copper readings I’ll try to rerun my only snail back to the tank and see how he does.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Another positive note my diamond goby has fattened up nicely as well. So all and all everything is healthy and happy.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Don't know how or why I've missed several of your last posts... but to this latest one, I say... YAY!!! Nice job, my friend.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So I added my snail back to the display yesterday and he’s doing just fine. I know some were concerned about having treated the display with cupramine a couple months ago.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats on a new and gorgeous fish friend! Tangs kinda scare me, so I'll also wish you luck, both that the new beauty remains healthy and gets along in your tank. It's been a while since we've seen the display.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Haha, yeah he’s in QT and treating with cupramine for two weeks then will remove with carbon and monitor for two weeks.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The Tomini has been added to the display after 4 weeks of QT and no signs of any diseases.

Geoff

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's a beautiful fish! He seems to have colored up well from when you brought him home.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Andddd he’s dead. Him and the rabbit fish squared off a couple times. Really annoying when the fish aren’t cheap

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think I give up on the tangs that’s the second one that was short lived once in the main display. Thoughts on an alternative? To recap the tank has a clown pair, one spot fox face, one blue/green chromis, Melanuris wrasse and a coral beauty.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You may remember that I'm a nano keeper, so probably not the best to advise, plus... you have the big fish I want the most in the Foxface. Glad that rad dude is doing well. So, I can only say that the other fish that I'd take first looks at with a tank your size are butterflyfish and... more wrasses.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welp picked up a new diamond goby as the previous one disappeared a few weeks ago. And they do an excellent job at keeping the sand bed so clean needed another one

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I currently have this hanging over my AC110 refugium. Think it’s overkill? Worried it may “burn” the chaeto.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got a smaller 8wat unit that doesn’t fill the whole room with light lol. Also gives off way less heat too.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom