75 Gallon Stocking

Kwaters20

I have a 75 gallon tank. It’s been set up for a while and is doing well. But am wanting to add another fish or two, just not sure if it is at capacity. I currently have two angelfish, two gouramis, 6 Cory catfish, and two pictus’.

Do you all think the tank is at its limit? If not, what else would you suggest adding? I was hoping for something with some color, most of my fish are silver/grey/ neutral colored.

Motherlovebetta

I would add to your cories. Maybe get a schooling fish. Rasboras?

JettsPapa

• I think you definitely have room for more fish.
  • What kind of gouramis do you have?

JettsPapa

I have two blue dwarf gouramis

I assume you haven't had them very long? You might get lucky, but if you have multiple dwarf gouramis in a tank, as they reach sexual maturity they will usually start fighting, and not stop until only one is left alive.

Again, you might get lucky, but I'd suggest having a backup tank/plan in place just in case.

Kwaters20

It’s a male female pair. I got them from a breeder , they’ve been together a very long time prior to me having them. They’re good.

Ouse

You’re not near the limit yet, however the pictus are limiting what small fish can be kept in there. Silver dollars are a decent-sized schooler I had in mind, but they’re plant eaters and won’t add much colour.

With just a couple of angels, one will likely become dominant over the other. Maybe add more angelfish to dilute any potential aggression down?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Batmantheanglefish
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views
seananderson68