75 Gallon Stocking Questions

Caleb652

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I currently have 1 angelfish, 8 Colombian tetras, 6 corys, and 1 rainbow shark. I was wondering what else I should add to the tank. I was thinking some platies or schooling fish. I also want one more angelfish. Any schooling fish suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg F

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Huge fan of Odessa barbs , gold barbs and in a 75 you could do rosy barbs. All are colorful and tough enough to take the likely occasional shot from tbe rainbow.

chickenghost

Valued Member
Reaction score
The rainbow can be tough on delicate fish, so stick with hardy ones like barbs or danios, and nothing slow moving like a gourami. Barbs are great as schooling fish, but you should avoid tiger barbs or other fin nippers because they would nip at the angel.

Caleb652

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
chickenghost said:
The rainbow can be tough on delicate fish, so stick with hardy ones like barbs or danios, and nothing slow moving like a gourami. Barbs are great as schooling fish, but you should avoid tiger barbs or other fin nippers because they would nip at the angel.
I am thinking about giving away the rainbow. It would just be easier. If I do could I get pristella tetras or white skirt tetras?

chickenghost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Pristella tetras would definitely be a safer bet. Any kind of skirt tetra is typically a fin nipper, and the angel would be a perfect target for them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom