75 Gallon Stocking Ideas.

FishGuy007

So I just bought a 75 gallon and I want to do a planted community I just don’t know what I want to stock it with so I’m open to all ideas!

Huckleberry77

Rainbowfish are awesome in a planted 75 Gallon!

wateriswet

There's a lot of fish combinations that work well in a tank that big. I really recommend you go to the pet store and really spend some time looking at fish to see which ones you like. There's all different shapes, sizes, and personalities and behaviors of fish. Do you want a huge school of nano fish or a few larger cichlids? Do you want to be able to keep shrimp or snails? Do you have any fish already that you intend to move into the new tank? If you give us a few likes it dislikes, we can recommend a stocking list for you :)

FishGuy007

There's a lot of fish combinations that work well in a tank that big. I really recommend you go to the pet store and really spend some time looking at fish to see which ones you like. There's all different shapes, sizes, and personalities and behaviors of fish. Do you want a huge school of nano fish or a few larger cichlids? Do you want to be able to keep shrimp or snails? Do you have any fish already that you intend to move into the new tank? If you give us a few likes it dislikes, we can recommend a stocking list for you :)
I either want a bunch of different schooling fish or maybe 1 or 2 predator fish. I was thinking about getting 10 panda corys to start but I just don’t know what schooling fish there is that not a everyone has. I also thought maybe a live bearer community because they have a lot of color and I like the big schools but I’ve always had predator fish growing up so what are some good schooling fish that you don’t see that much and what are some good predator fish for a 75G.

Huckleberry77

I either want a bunch of different schooling fish or maybe 1 or 2 predator fish. I was thinking about getting 10 panda corys to start but I just don’t know what schooling fish there is that not a everyone has. I also thought maybe a live bearer community because they have a lot of color and I like the big schools but I’ve always had predator fish growing up so what are some good schooling fish that you don’t see that much and what are some good predator fish for a 75G.
Once they mature, male black ruby barbs are gorgeous and not too many people keep them. Rainbowfish other than Neon Dwarf Rainbows, M. Bosemani and M. Lacustris are fairly uncommon. You can order unusual rainbowfish direct from breeders on aquabid. I personally love Chillatherina Blerhi, Melanotania Picta, Emerald Rainbowfish, etc. Whatever your favorite color is there’s a rainbowfish for you. Check out the FB group Rainbowfish Live, or the Home of the Rainbowfish or ANGFA websites. Rainbowfish do not display well at stores and they take a while to color up in your home aquarium. A black background and dark substrate with a lot of plants helps them look their best. Rainbowfish love to eat live ants that I drop in the tank. Does this make them a predator?

Killifish are also unusual fish and have amazing colors. Some are more docile, others very aggressive.

If I were to get larger fish, a pink tailed chalceous and an electric blue acara would look amazing together… Add 6 Chilatherina Blerhi and keep the tank at 77F and you might have a super cool combination going! You would just need to make sure you get them all young so a big chalceous dosen’t eat a baby rainbowfish.

Flagtail Prochilodis are also super cool looking but will eventually need a tank larger than 75g. The pink tail chalceous might also eventually appreciate a 6’ rather than 4’ tank.

ProudPapa

I have a 65 gallon tank with panda corys, turquoise rainbowfish, black neon tetras, lemon tetras, and two Bolivian rams. If I was doing it again I'd skip one of the tetra species, but otherwise I really like the tank.

adumsoza

i would do a group of keyholes, a pair of rams, a variety of rainbowfish and a large school of panda cories.

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom