75 Gallon Stocking Ideas

MeganRenee

Hello all,

I just got a 75 gallon tank yesterday and this is my first "big" tank. I know for sure that I will be moving my polar blue blood parrot cichlid and my albino bristlenose pleco to this tank, but other than that I am really unsure as to how I'd like to stock it. I'm thinking of possibly going the South American route just because of the two fish that will already be in there, but there's just so many possibilities that it's a bit overwhelming.

My problem is that in stocking my previous tanks I kind of bought whatever I liked at the fish store that day without having a stocking plan. I do a lot of research before I buy any fish and make certain that they're compatible with what I already have in the tank, but stocking my tanks this way leads to having a hodge podge of different fish in all of my tanks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'd just like this tank to be a lot more intentional and look a little "cleaner".

I'd love to hear your suggestions and if you yourself have a 75 gallon (or multiple 75 gallons) what you have in yours.

BigManAquatics

A 75, knowing me i would have like 4 or 5 schools of tetras in there, somewhere around 12 each lol

NahNah

You could try a SA Biotope and get like 5 or 6 more polar blues, and get a school of skirt tetras.

MacZ

polar blues
They are domestic bred fish, descendant from a central american species. That would not qualify as a south american biotope.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Kieren Munson-Burke
  • Question
Replies
Views
Fisherson
  • Question
Replies
Views