75 Gallon Pressurized Co2 Setup

BKabina

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Any recommendations on a non diy, pressurized setup for a 75 gallon? I have no experience with co2 setups. Seems from the little reading I have done, I can piece together everything cheaper than buying a kit?

TexasGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You will want a larger tank for CO2.. I'm about to upgrade from 1.5lbs to 20lbs. I go through it too fast on my 55g. That also means I can't refill at sports authority. There are a few places around me that will do tank swaps for $30 or so, but near my work I can get a 20g filled for $20ish I can also then get a pretty tank off Amazon for $130 delivered. Check your refill options before deciding. Other than that, I have a cheap $30 regulator that works fine and a $30 co2 reactor inline with my canister. Works well.

TexasGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I know the bubble counter is built-in to the regulator, but I'm not using it.. bought the Fluval one before the regulator. Also, that tank is 27 3/8" high for the handle.. I 'think' it will fit under my tank, but it will be close.. if not, there is a snap-ring you can remove to take the handle off which should give me enough room I hope.. worst case, I can set it in at an angle.. DOH! Don't tell the wife.

Oh, and a $3 timer from walmart so it only runs when lights are on.. 1 hour before lights on, and off 1 hour before lights off. Some people say 2 hours, but the reactor seems to bring up the level pretty fast.

BKabina

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks. That’s very helpful. How long do suppose a 5lb cylinder would last on a 75? I shouldn’t have a problem exchanging tanks.

BKabina

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks. That should work then. My space is limited.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom