Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

75 Gallon Planted Aquarium Stocking?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Nicholas pilgrim, May 19, 2019.

1. Nicholas pilgrim Valued Member Member

Hi all,
    I have got myself a 75g aquarium cycling. it will end up being heavily planted and i was wondering if this stock would work?
    - 4 boesmani rainbows
    - 4 praecox rainbows
    - 3 torquoise rainbows
    - 1 keyhole cichlid
    - 6 black phantom tetras
    - 1 bristlenose
    - 7 bronze corydoras
    Do i still have room? (also if i still have room what odd fish could i add)
    thanks, all help needed

2. SaltyPhone Well Known Member Member

For a finalized stocking depending on filtration and the amount of work you want to put in; that sounds reasonable. That said I personally don’t like small groups of tetras. When I stock tetras I won’t do less than 10.

3. BackyardFish Valued Member Member

I agree, I would up all the schools of fish to at least 6. And then you should be pretty goid! :)

Odd balls are normally aggressive, so I can't think of any community ones.

4. Nicholas pilgrim Valued Member Member

If I took out the black phantoms could I add another type of catfish (if so what type could i add?)

5. SaltyPhone Well Known Member Member

I’d just roll with the stocking you have once it’s all established; if your parameters are good I’d add to the phantoms and corys. It may seem boring but I’d rather have a few species in large numbers rather than a small number of a bunch of species.

6. Nicholas pilgrim Valued Member Member

Would there still be room for the extra tetras and cory's to be added

7. SaltyPhone Well Known Member Member

Again the number of fish you can stock depends on filtration, experience and maintenance.

8. Nicholas pilgrim Valued Member Member

Ok then, I will monitor it once the stocking has been in for a few months and go from there.

9. Epicoz Well Known Member Member

For that oddball fish you could add a colorful or interesting pleco you mentioned you wanted a catfish like a zebra pleco I saw an interesting species called the queen pleco that only gets 5 inches

10. Nicholas pilgrim Valued Member Member

Could i add in a king tiger pleco, I've seen them at my local pet store and though they looked amazing. If anyone has experience with them can you please give me information on there care?
    thanks