75 gallon journal: complete redo and hopeful breeding project

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They certainly did! The female is especially protective and will attack me when I get into the tank. I wore my Coralife Aqua Gloves to get them out! LOL.

Kathy Potts

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I still have some of Romeo & Juliet's fairly nice size fry with them. Man they can not stand it even if you look at the tank. On water changes I deliberately shoo all of them down to the other end of the tank so everyone can hide behind a large rock. That goes well. But when I take the Magna-Float to clean the sides, they declare all out war. You can actually hear them hitting the float and aquarium. I think I may have some Pit Bull mixed in with them Needless to say, the glass doesn't get cleaned very often.

So how may fry are you rearing now? And what size are they? Got any pictures of them hoto: hoto: hoto: arty0001:

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
harpua2002 said:
They certainly did! The female is especially protective and will attack me when I get into the tank. I wore my Coralife Aqua Gloves to get them out! LOL.
Kathy Potts said:
I still have some of Romeo & Juliet's fairly nice size fry with them. Man they can not stand it even if you look at the tank. On water changes I deliberately shoo all of them down to the other end of the tank so everyone can hide behind a large rock. That goes well. But when I take the Magna-Float to clean the sides, they declare all out war. You can actually hear them hitting the float and aquarium. I think I may have some Pit Bull mixed in with them Needless to say, the glass doesn't get cleaned very often.
I didn't know that you were supposed to take fry out BEFORE the free swimming phase. When I got the remainder of spawn #1 out of the tank, I swear that my female almost drew blood on my arm.
I used the airline tubing as well, and I was getting hit from the left and right alternately from Darcy and the female. :-\

Spawn #2 they laid on the leaves of the java fern, so I got in there and snipped them off while they were eating up the other end of the tank.... :whistling: Distraction is the key!

But seriously, Kathy, I know what you mean about trying to do ANYTHING in the tank, and pit bull - mine have crocodile in them!

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Those are some absolutely gorgeous fish. I hope things have been looking up with the babies.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom