75 gallon filtration

• Thread starter lonehunter
  • Start date

lonehunter

Sanderguy777

Well Known
lonehunter said:
Hey guys do you think 2 aquaclear 70s is good enough for a 75 gallon I’ll be putting and Oscar and convict cichlids
How many of each fish? And how big are they?

I thought oscars needed their own tank unless it is like 200g...

JayAlva

I would try to run 2 aquaclear 110s, 70s would be ok but oscars are notoriously messy fish.

lonehunter

Sanderguy777 said:
How many of each fish? And how big are they?

I thought oscars needed their own tank unless it is like 200g...
There’s 5 convicts and 1 Oscar The Oscar is 3 inches and the convicts are 5-6 inches but no they don’t need a 200 gallon it can live happily in a 75 I added them yesterday

JayAlva said:
I would try to run 2 aquaclear 110s, 70s would be ok but oscars are notoriously messy fish.
gotcha sill stick with 70s maybe I’ll add a smaller filter in the future but for now the Oscar is around 2.5 inches not 3

Sanderguy777

Well Known
lonehunter said:
There’s 5 convicts and 1 Oscar The Oscar is 3 inches and the convicts are 5-6 inches but no they don’t need a 200 gallon it can live happily in a 75 I added them yesterday

gotcha sill stick with 70s maybe I’ll add a smaller filter in the future but for now the Oscar is around 2.5 inches not 3
The 70s will have plenty of biological filtration for him (probably one would), but i think that JayAlva was referring to the physical waste they create. Like you say, you have a while before it NEEDS it, but i would experiment with airstones or powerheads that churn up the water in any dead zones and keep particles suspended so the AC70s can pick them up.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
I like the idea of adding a powerhead in the future.

You can plug it into a timer so it shuts off at night, giving the fish a break.

Top Bottom