75 Gallon Filter Ideas?

CrisisQuaid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
hey guys! I have a tire Track Eel that LOVES to climb into my Aqueon Quiet Flow 55/75. I have tried covering every hole to stop him but he is crafty. So I know th y have filters that go completely under water. I did some digging and can’t find any that can keep a 75 gallon clean. Can anyone recommend one that will be able to keep my tank clean?

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you referring to something like this?

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have you thought of using a canister like an fx4? Cover all the holes thats needed for the tubing, and it will allow plenty of filtration and minimal escapees!

CrisisQuaid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
aussieJJDude said:
Have you thought of using a canister like an fx4? Cover all the holes thats needed for the tubing, and it will allow plenty of filtration and minimal escapees!
I’ll check it out, thank you!

CrisisQuaid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
david1978 said:
Are you referring to something like this?
That’s perfect, thank you!

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have never had that problem but an idea is you can try covering openings with filter socks that should allow the flow and not have the openings for the crafty eel.

CrisisQuaid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
grump299 said:
I have never had that problem but an idea is you can try covering openings with filter socks that should allow the flow and not have the openings for the crafty eel.
I’m gonna get a canister filter, and cover the hole for it with that, I’m doing the canister because it has much less area to cover with a sock.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom