75 gallon community tank

dianak

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advice on previous stocking question! I think maybe I will forego the angels, since I really want this to be a community tank and don't want anybody taking over. Another question: I would like to get one or two pairs of gouramis, but don't particularly want them to breed. From what I've read, you don't really want multiple male gouramis together because they'll fight. If I put a pair in a community tank with other fish, would this pretty much discourage them from breeding? Can they be happy just to hang out without making whoopy? If I did get one or more males instead of a pair, would they be lonely?

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My impression (those who know more than I please correct me) is that male gouramis will seek one another out sometimes for combat. The gouramis and bettas seem like they ought to be lonely but in fact they don't like one another and if anything prefer the company of other fish totally unlike themselves. They aren't schooling fish. Corydoras, danios, platties, tetras, barbs, are all likely to get a bit neurotic when alone, but a gourami should be fine.

btate617

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Aso you are talking about a 75gal. tank, you have a bit of room and should be ok even if you decide on two. have a back up plan .... maybe another tank one of them can go into if it doesnt work out or maybe a friend who would take him if it doesnt work out. what works for you may or may not have worked for others people tanks. try if you want and if you are worried just have a back up plan ready.
Brian

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom