75 Gallon Cichlid Tank Build Ideas

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by LSquareds, May 19, 2019.

1. LSquareds New Member Member

We just purchased a 75 gallon cichlid tank and I would love to hear some designs for the interior of the tank. I attached a picture of the tank currently. Any ideas? Also if anyone can identify the dark blue cichlid on the left that would be great!!

2. kallililly1973 Well Known Member Member

Looks like a nice setup. Could the blue fish possibly be an electric blue hap or cobalt?

3. NavyChief20 Well Known Member Member

First thing i would do is ditch that gravel. Go with poolfilter sand. Second if those are fake plants then ditch them. Some nice slate style rocks look good with African cichlids since it mimics their rift lake habitat.

4. A201 Well Known Member Member

I agree with kallililly, that the blue cichlid might be an Electric Blue Hap Fryeri (Iceberg) the white blaze is consistant with that variety.
    I also agree with NavyChief's recommendation regarding the substrate change and want to add to the hardscape suggestion. Limestone rocks work well in African tanks, keeping and buffering the PH at an upper level. XL rounded river rocks also are nice additions. They are stable, stackable and less likely to cause injuries to the fish.
    btw, nice pick up.

5. JonJal Valued Member Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2019