75 Gallon Cichlid Tank Build Ideas

LSquareds

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
E1FD05E9-CE32-49E8-8127-78D8079B0FFC.jpeg
We just purchased a 75 gallon cichlid tank and I would love to hear some designs for the interior of the tank. I attached a picture of the tank currently. Any ideas? Also if anyone can identify the dark blue cichlid on the left that would be great!!

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
First thing i would do is ditch that gravel. Go with poolfilter sand. Second if those are fake plants then ditch them. Some nice slate style rocks look good with African cichlids since it mimics their rift lake habitat.

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with kallililly, that the blue cichlid might be an Electric Blue Hap Fryeri (Iceberg) the white blaze is consistant with that variety.
I also agree with NavyChief's recommendation regarding the substrate change and want to add to the hardscape suggestion. Limestone rocks work well in African tanks, keeping and buffering the PH at an upper level. XL rounded river rocks also are nice additions. They are stable, stackable and less likely to cause injuries to the fish.
btw, nice pick up.

JonJal

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is what I did with a 75 gallon marineland donated to me by a neighbor.

With African cichlids you most likely could not do plants. But i hope maybe the manzanita and dragon stone may help inspire some ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom