75 Gallon Cichlid Stocking Ideas?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Lovingthefishhobby, May 23, 2018.

1. L

Lovingthefishhobby New Member Member

Last month I got a 75 gallon tank! I love it so much and it took me so long to get one!
    I really love cichlids. I wasn’t originally going to make my tank a cichlid tank but I have decided to!
    I don’t really know what to put in it...
    I do research all the time but I’m still very confused about which type can be with another. There are just so many!
    Can anyone suggest some to me? I like medium to large cichlids. I was holding to have at least one of these.
    BP
    firemouth
    Convict
    Afra
    Zebra
    Those are my favorite kinds but if you have any other suggestions that would be great!
    (Please no yellow labs or tetras)

-just a fish lover

2. Bradley Moles

Bradley Moles Valued Member Member

BP have the most personality out of any cichlid but they can’t defend themselves because of their mouth deformities. You have to decide if you’re wanting a more peaceful or aggressive tank. If you want to go peaceful there aren’t a ton of options. Maybe check out electric blue acara they work well with BP’s and you can put almost any community fish along with BP’s and EBA. Was told to never put a convict or firemouth with these guys because they get too aggressive and like to chase and nip fins.

3. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

EBA are like any Cichilds...they will fight or assert dominance if need be. It’s a roll of the dice. At the end of the day they’re still Cichilds.

You could do a BP and a EBA and see how they do. There is sort of enough space for them. You could also add do a JD as well. If they are juvies they might, just might get along.

You could do a male and a female EBA and surround them with dither fish or a school of tetras.

Africans will provide more color and you can put quite a bit in there if your willing to do the cleaning. They’ll need higher pH.

4. OP
    OP
    L

Lovingthefishhobby New Member Member

Thanks for some advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice