75 gallon Cichlid options

FishyLove1

Ok so I just got a 3rd tank and it's been cycled for 2 weeks because I don't know what to do!!!
I just can't decide what I want to do......but I do want to start with Peacock Cichlids.
Now if I do go with this fish I am aware that I have to overstock the tank........ But does it have to be all Peacock or can I add 2 Mbuna and
2 Kennyi cichlid....???? This is my question simply because I don't want a species only tank but I also don't want to many species just maybe 2 Mbuna or 2 Kennyi cichlid with the Peacock..... I have seen tanks over stocked with all 3 but I really don't want to take any chances.... I don't know how many Peacock will be over stocking in a 75gal so there's question 2 please help me with this..... everybody in other groups don't seem to understand at this point it is empty a blank slate and I want to be happy with my results so can I put them together and how many Peacock will I need if I can and how many if I cannot do anything but Peacock Cichlidea....
Thanks for any advice and help. I appreciate you taking your time to read this and replying to me!!!❤️

MacZ

Kenyi are Mbuna. Mbuna is a collective term for the herbivore and aufwuchs eating species of Lake Malawi, Peacock only means Aulonocara. Hap is the term for everything else.

280 liters is a bit small for any Malawi cichlids. Yes, people will say it's enough, but honestly, that size was okay in the 80s and 90s, not with what we know about these fish today.

If you want to work yourself into the topic read up a bit on www.malawi-guru.de
You can switch the language to english.

Gallenkc

Ok so I just got a 3rd tank and it's been cycled for 2 weeks because I don't know what to do!!!
I just can't decide what I want to do......but I do want to start with Peacock Cichlids.
Now if I do go with this fish I am aware that I have to overstock the tank........ But does it have to be all Peacock or can I add 2 Mbuna and
2 Kennyi cichlid....???? This is my question simply because I don't want a species only tank but I also don't want to many species just maybe 2 Mbuna or 2 Kennyi cichlid with the Peacock..... I have seen tanks over stocked with all 3 but I really don't want to take any chances.... I don't know how many Peacock will be over stocking in a 75gal so there's question 2 please help me with this..... everybody in other groups don't seem to understand at this point it is empty a blank slate and I want to be happy with my results so can I put them together and how many Peacock will I need if I can and how many if I cannot do anything but Peacock Cichlidea....
Thanks for any advice and help. I appreciate you taking your time to read this and replying to me!!!❤️
From what I have learned it is better to stay with an all male tank with peacock cichlids, other then that. I have 5 peacock and 1 mbuna and 1 blue dolphin and they all seem to get along just fine. Also what substrate do you use?. I have gravel but I was thinking of switching to black sand.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Hemikyle
  • Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
bciver