75 gallon black molly tank

MONSTER GOBY

had these guys breeding good before I moved. Originally tank had mollies and ghost shrimp. Moved eight adult mollies, added eight black kuhlis and four otto cats. Can't wait until the mollies start breeding again and fill out the tank.

BigManAquatics

Of the mollies,black ones always my favorite! I think they are so pretty.

RayClem

I was going to suggest that you add some aquarium salt to the tank to make the mollies happy. They come from brackish waters, so they do best with some salt.

Then I saw that you have otocinclus in the tank as well. The otos are armored catfish that do not have scales. They come from South American waters that are very soft and are low in salt content. They might tolerate a little salt, but they would probably do better without it.

Ghost shrimp are not as sensitive to salt as the otos, but they would not do well in brackish water.

You could make your new tank a brackish tank and add only species that like brackish water. There are some very interesting species that inhabit coastal waters where fresh water rivers mix with tidal bays. However, those species are not often seen in aquariums.

MONSTER GOBY

had to edit the sound
Of the mollies,black ones always my favorite! I think they are so pretty.
Especially the black sailfin mollies waiting in some now to do another 75 hope they come in.
I was going to suggest that you add some aquarium salt to the tank to make the mollies happy. They come from brackish waters, so they do best with some salt.

Then I saw that you have otocinclus in the tank as well. The otos are armored catfish that do not have scales. They come from South American waters that are very soft and are low in salt content. They might tolerate a little salt, but they would probably do better without it.

Ghost shrimp are not as sensitive to salt as the otos, but they would not do well in brackish water.

You could make your new tank a brackish tank and add only species that like brackish water. There are some very interesting species that inhabit coastal waters where fresh water rivers mix with tidal bays. However, those species are not often seen in aquariums.
No thanks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Mizzcharmz
  • Molly
Replies
Views
Mizzcharmz
Replies
Views
Nelson76
  • rose05sky17
  • Molly