75 gallon aquarium re-done

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
The 75G has seven different kinds of Anubias, 2 different Java ferns and several different Crypts.Most of the anubias will be huge eventually, that's the reason for the open top. I'm really anxious to see what it will look like when it fills out.
Carol
pic after the tank is the right side, then middle and then left side.

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Anubias is one of my favorite plants.
there are A. barteri, A. coffefolia, A. congensis, A. gracilis, and A. lancelota The A. nana and A gigantae are not pictured.

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
rileyrk190 said:
wow..that's a beautiful tank!
Thanks It had Wisteria and water sprite growing everywhere and looked cluttered so I cleaned it out. Will be glad when all the Anubias fills in a bit. since they are very slow growers it will be a while LOL
Carol

Heres what a nice specimen A.gigantae looks like. This is my Bristlenose in his usual bed It's in the 55g. The one in the 75G will look like that some day.
Carol

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
COBettaCouple said:
That's a great looking BN! ;D
Thanks Dave He tends to take on the color of the gravel and look mottled like that most of the time. The leaf he's laying on is about the size of my hand so he is a big boy
Carol

susitna-flower

Well Known
HI Carol,

What lights are you using? I love your tank.....is it hard for you to decide to tear one apart and redo? I've got a 55 I have had going for 3 years and have some well established plants, but the rest of the tank has gotten ho-hum, and I would like to tear into it........just can't make myself.....

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
susitna-flower said:
HI Carol,

What lights are you using? I love your tank.....is it hard for you to decide to tear one apart and redo? I've got a 55 I have had going for 3 years and have some well established plants, but the rest of the tank has gotten ho-hum, and I would like to tear into it........just can't make myself.....
I have two 65 watt coralife lights over the tank. They are raised about ten inches over the top of the tank to allow the floaters and eventually the larger species of Anubias to grow out of the tank. When things get closer to the top of the tank we are going to hang a four light shop light from the ceiling over it.
It was really hard to decide to tear the majority of the wisteria and water sprite out but it had just taken over the tank and was looking messy. It's always hard for me to tear a tank apart.
Thanks Corylover
Carol

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
mlinden84 said:
what did you do with the plants you took out?
I dumped them into other tanks until I could figure out what to do with it
See the first one is the piece of water sprite I left floating in the 75G
The second is some I dumped in the 29G plant tank, the third is what is growing in the top of the 55 gallon and last but not least is the 29G most of it got dumped into.
Carol

mlinden84

Well Known
well i'd buy some from you if you want to get rid of it. i've looked everywhere (ok ok not everywhere but I went to the usual places) and can't find any.

Coryd55

Well Known
Looks great Carol!

I need to fix my 55 up but of course since I have time this weekend the angels are breeding and won't let me near the right half of the tank.

voiceless_kat

Well Known
Carol you tanks are amazing!! I especially like your plants, they look great. I'm jealous..............

Val

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
That's a LOT of plants.. you'd clean up at the fish club auctions here, the plants always sell well.

Butterfly said:
I dumped them into other tanks until I could figure out what to do with it
See the first one is the piece of water sprite I left floating in the 75G
The second is some I dumped in the 29G plant tank, the third is what is growing in the top of the 55 gallon and last but not least is the 29G most of it got dumped into.
Carol

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
FishKing said:
That a real nice tank!!! Also you got some of my favorite plants in there.
Thanks There's even some Bolbitis heudelottI in there but it's still small.
Carol you tanks are amazing!! I especially like your plants, they look great. I'm jealous..............

Val
Thanks Val I love plants. My husband will tell you I'm always looking for plants I don't have, especially some kind of Anubias or Java Fern and the fish are more happy with plants. That tank has Threadfin rainbows and kuhlI loaches who all made themselves scarce when the picture taking was going on
That's a LOT of plants.. you'd clean up at the fish club auctions here, the plants always sell well.
I love club auctions. I usually manage to spend all I make and then some
Carol

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Wow, I love it. Anubias are my favorite plant. I started a planted 30 gallon last night. Can't wait to get more plants. I have 3 otos which are being put in it. One of betta is going to have a big home for awhile too.

mlinden84

Well Known
voiceless_kat said:

Val
I agree! The tanks look awesome! Why can't I ever make mine look that good? (you're more than welcome to come decorate mine!!! )

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
mlinden84 said:
I agree! The tanks look awesome! Why can't I ever make mine look that good? (you're more than welcome to come decorate mine!!! )
Tank decoration for me is a series of make overs over a period of time until I get it the way I like it. I love rocks and wood so they have to play a part. I frequently get rocks or wood for gifts The wood in that tank came from beside a river that hubby and I used to hike beside. The rocks are part of 80lbs of rock bought and used in another tank then hauled all the way from Georgia to Arkansas when we moved. I'm forever twitching a plant to another position or pinching leaves.
thanks for all the kind comments.
carol

mlinden84

Well Known
Butterfly said:
Tank decoration for me is a series of make overs over a period of time until I get it the way I like it. I love rocks and wood so they have to play a part. I frequently get rocks or wood for gifts The wood in that tank came from beside a river that hubby and I used to hike beside. The rocks are part of 80lbs of rock bought and used in another tank then hauled all the way from Georgia to Arkansas when we moved. I'm forever twitching a plant to another position or pinching leaves.
thanks for all the kind comments.
carol
Looks like I'll have to start hiking by the rivers/lakes around here to find some cool driftwood!
I'm just starting to switch to live plants, so my tank looks a little goofy with mostly fake plants and a few live ones. Hopefully one day it'll look half as good as yours once i've gone to all live plants.

New Threads