75 gallon aquarium question

squish123

I am thinking of getting a 75 gallon tank after the new year. I was thinking of a cichlid tank or just a bigger community tank. I would like a bit bigger fish in this tank.
I have found a place where they sell this tank as a kit, comes with heater, pup, led lights etc.
With this tank do you need a sump or a back of the tank filter that comes with this tank good enough.

MacZ

If sold as a kit a filter should be included, "pump" should mean internal filter in such cases. So nothing additional is necessary. Except you want to mod the kit somehow.

carsonsgjs

Also depends on the filter being provided with the kit I suppose and whether it is up to the job. A lot of cichlid keepers run large or multiple filters to keep up with the high bioload that cichlids come with.

squish123

Are all cichlids aggressive? Or less aggressive? How would you mod the tank.
Also depends on the filter being provided with the kit I suppose and whether it is up to the job. A lot of cichlid keepers run large or multiple filters to keep up with the high bioload that cichlids come with.
When I was at the store, I think it was Aqueon up to a 100 gallon filter.

MacZ

Are all cichlids aggressive? Or less aggressive?
Depends on which of the almost 2000 species. ;)

How would you mod the tank.
Depends on the tank and what comes with it. Can be filtration, lights, heater, or maybe only the filter media. So many possibilities.

86 ssinit

For me I’d buy separately. Usually the filter isn’t that good. The light will not grow plants and the stand is made out of particle board. The heater can also be a problem. How much is the kit??

squish123

Aqueon makes these kits and I really like them. My wife bought a 29 gallon Aqueon kit and it turned out very cool. You have to buy the stand separately and she got a nice wood stand with cabinets to hide the equipment. Best thing about that stand, already put together.
I believe the 75 gallon kit was around $400. Where I get my fish and supplies is a mom and pop fish store which has been in business for over 50 years. I think they try to keep their prices reasonable. They are always busy.

86 ssinit

Aqueon doesn’t make the best stuff. You can get a finnex titanium heater with the controls outside of the tank for around $35 a Hygger 957 controllable led light for around $75 and a marineland 350 hob filter for around $35. So now all you need is a tank and substrate. The stand can also be bought cheap. A old buffet table (which nobody uses anymore) can be turned into a tank stand very easily. I bought one for $75 a few years back. Also with any wood skills a homemade one can be made for around $200. Many diy instruction online. Though the better deal is the buffet table. Your looking for solid wood.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CHJ
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
Sanderguy777
Replies
Views