75 gal wet pet tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Hypeir, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Hypeir

HypeirNew MemberMember

Finally have it stocked and fully decorated! The fish less cycle took about a month.
    Stock:
    Ebjd
    Red tiger Oscar
    4' common plwco
    Don't jump on the overstocked hate wagon with the pleco, I don't plan on keeping him over 7 inches. (My pet store offers credit for large pleco)

Does anyone have opinions on the large rocks? I had limestone in there but it posed a PH problem. I believe those rocks are granite but I'm unsure

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Jsigmo

JsigmoWell Known MemberMember

I like all kinds of rocks. They're really one of my favorite aquarium decorations.

I'd just keep an eye on pH and hardness, and if they don't seem to be causing any trouble, then that's just fine.

I like how they look in your setup. I just make sure they're secure, and can't get bumped such that they will fall and hurt the aquarium or critters.

3. OP
    OP
    Hypeir

HypeirNew MemberMember

They're a great decoration! I have pretty hard and high alkalinity, about 7.8 out of the faucet and 8.1 in the tank. Hopefully i can get it below 8 with the new rocks. Those two rocks are pretty heavy, maybe 25-50 lb a piece.. maybe one day the Oscar can aspire to budging one.

4. junebug

junebugFishlore LegendMember

An oscar and a JD in that size tank together aren't going to work out for long...

5. OP
    OP
    Hypeir

HypeirNew MemberMember

thanks for the opinion!

6. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

Looks good!

7. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Very lovely tank! I really like those big rocks! :D

8. OP
    OP
    Hypeir

HypeirNew MemberMember

Thanks, the rocks are products of a man made lake somewhere in Wisconsin, they've been sitting around the house for quite a while now (100's of them) so i figured I'd put them to use!