75 gal tank

adamzieger

hey , the pet store I go to "Petland" is having a sale on fish tanks, I can get a 75 All Glass tank for 180 bucks, is this a good price??

JMatt1983

depends, if its a kit, with lighting, filtration and heating, I would say so, as my 20G kit was $100 canadian

whetto

yeah, if its just the tank then I don't think that's a good price...walmart has a 55 gallon tank with lighted hood, filter, basically everything you need to start the tank (minus gravel, plants, etc.) for 160, so I don't think just a 75G tank for 180 is a good price.

adamzieger

I live in canaada EH so things cost more here

whetto

I see, well then you just gotta compare it. if I had to choose between a bare 75 gallon tank for 180 american dollars and a 55 gallon kit set up (with everything I need) for 160, the 75 gallon doesn't seem like such a good deal. at least down here the lids for such a large tank run about 60 bucks or more, plus what youd need to buy the filters, air pumps, gravel, decorations, etc.

adamzieger

I like to make my own tanks tho also. all my tanks I got I got all the stuff Kit free. so.
all the gravel n what not I buy Real Plants. drift wood here is cheap 15 bucks for a huge piece.
the fish store is having a sale on filters also and I can get a real nice one for 40 bucks. and Heaters are only 18 bucks. a Huge bag of gravel is only 25. and at the pet store I go to. ON tues its Half off all fish under 10 bucks. and all Real Plants 10 and under. and 95% of the fish are under ten bucks so its all gravy.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom