75 gal stock ideas.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by frampy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. frampy

frampyWell Known MemberMember

I just got a 75 gal tank yesterday now what should I put in it. I have around 12 Corys that will go in along with a bn pleco. Other then that its open. What would you get? It will be planted.

2. Phishphin

PhishphinWell Known MemberMember

What are your typical water parameters? I like to base new stock off of whatever the stable ph/temp in my tank is. Which means I only ever consider south american tropicals (acidic, warm water)... :)

3. OP
    OP
    frampy

frampyWell Known MemberMember

My pH is around 7.5 out of the tap. I run co2 so pH drops some plus driftwood I usually get down to about 7. I keep SA/CA cichlids with no problems. I have a couple types of apistogrammas, angel fish, a few types of severums, a green terror, and a JD. I have bettas m/f, guppies, platties, Molly's, couple of types of tetras, silver dollars, corys, plecos and a couple types of rasboras. If that helps some.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  4. Phishphin

PhishphinWell Known MemberMember

Personally, I love seeing really large schools of tetras. If you could put 20+ of something large enough to not be picked off by any angels/apistos/etc, that would be my first choice.

5. Adam55

Adam55Well Known MemberMember

I also like large shoals of fish over large centerpiece fish. I like all the activity and natural behavior that goes along with a large, proper shoal, and it also makes for a peaceful tank if everyone is around the same size and temperament.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice