75 G

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

A picture of the 75 G and a few of the residents.
    Then the puppies(better known as Clown Loaches)
    The Rhino Pleco
    Koi angel mother and Sunset Blusher son
    Green and black neons

Attached Files:

2. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Oh my God! Butterfly I love your wood and angelfish in the tank! Wonderful. What kind of wood is this? This is exactly the type of wood that I am looking for - colorwise and shapewise, just perfect. Where did you get it? Is it real? And the angelfish - are they the marble type? Your tank is so beautiful. Now I am jealous! LOL

3. Jason Well Known Member Member

You should enter your tank in a competition looks wild. Great fish as well

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Butterfly, your tank looks great as always! ;)

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks everyone!! The stump, cavey thing on the right(the blue thing) is plastic and has followed the clown loaches and Rhino pleco from every tank they've been in. They just seem to like it. The wood on the left is real and was bought in a fish store by my daughter. The Rhino pleco has sculpted it by rasping on it so it has some nice textured spots ;) will take some pics later and show you what I mean. The rock in the middle as well as the rocks for the caves under the Java Moss on the left was picked up while hiking. .
    Isabella the orange, black and white angel is a koi angel, the other is her son and he is considered a sunset blusher even though he carries the genes for koi. The other angel in the bottom of one of the pics is another one of her sons and is a koi angel. Thanks again.
    Carol

6. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Butterfly, you probably live in England or Australia, right? That is unfortunate, because if you lived in the U.S. and bought this wood somewhere around New York (where I live), I'd go to the exact same store where you bought that wood piece and I'd buy the same one! My local pet store (Petland) has ugly pieces of wood. Whenever I go there, they don't have anything worth buying there. You're lucky :)

7. onelovie Member Member

Wow! Very nice!!

8. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thank you everyone :-* You make me blush :p
    Isabella I live in the Southern USA. this piece of wood has a history. My daughter bought it and then her small clown loach got stuck in a hole on the back side and she yanked it out(the wood). Thinking my clowns were too big to get in that hole I put it in my tank. Lo and behold one night real late my husband came home and found me on the floor with the wood in the floor and I was attacking it with a screw driver and a hammer. My big clown was stuck!!! :-\ After he quit laughing we got him(the clown) out safely and thats his pic above. Clowns love squeezing to tight places. So you can see I'm attached to that particular piece of wood :D
    Just keep looking and something will strike you.
    Carol

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

This is my 20G long unheated tank. I want to show you the wood. everytime I look at it I think of that long necked dinosaur that I can never remember the name for ::)

Attached Files:

10. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

LOL Butterfly! :D

11. Craig Well Known Member Member

ur tanks look class!!!!!!!!!!!!! they really r wild lookin!!! good stuff :D

12. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks craig, I like doing things a little different sometimes. I move things around until I like the way it looks.
    Isabella I have one more piece of wood I want to show you. This is a tree root I found. Makes me think of a monster roaring ;D
    clear.gif

13. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Ah ... Butterfly! You're doing it on purpose! Stop showing me these beautiful pictures! You know I can't find a piece of wood like this and your pictures just keep reminding me of my miserable seach, lol. But I won't give up easily :) Will look until I find something nice.

In one of your posts I have read that a 29 gallon tank with heater, filter, and light is available at Wal-Mart for only $100. That is an unbelievable deal. It makes me angry to think that I actually paid almost twice the price for a 30 gallon tank with hood and light, filter, and heater. I bought mine at Petland. This is the only pet store near me and I live in New York City - shame, isn't it? Big city and not even a good pet store around. I've never even been to Wal-Mart - do they have some sort of a pet store department there? Do they have fish and aquarium accessories? Do they sell at least average quality tank equipment? And most importantly, do they sell any nice driftwood pieces?! Going back to that 29 gallon tank for $100 - what filter, heater, and light come with it? Mine has AquaClear filter for 30 to 70 gallon tank. The light I don't even know what brand it is; all I know is that it's a standard light. And the heater's brand I also forgot but it looks like a cheap heater and I am surprised it didn't break yet. It's not submersible.

And since I am already making this post this loooooooong, lol, I'll ask one more question. What bulb is best for low-light plants in a 30 gallon tank? How strong should it be? Is standard lighting sufficient? And quite frankly, I am getting sick of this blue shade that my light has. Is there a bulb that has a natural, sunny glow (no blue, red, or green shades, lol - just plain sunny glow)? And one that would also be good for plants?

Thanks for reading this!

14. tootie Initiate Member

hello 2u butterfly,i like the mood and envoriment you have created especially with the live plants.The driftwood is a great feature a very harmonies tank good on you.Love your anglefish.Can your angle's be brought and where there beautiful you should be so proud to have breed such amazing fish.

15. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

T hank you for your nice compliments tootie.
    Isabella Wal-marts is a huge chain store and since they buy things in such huge quanities their prices for aquatic supplies is very reasonable. It's not generally a good place to buy fish simply because their staff is not usually trained to take good care of their fish. I have bought fish there and ALWAYS, ALWAYS quarantine them before adding them to tanks with other fish. They don't really have a lot of wood but have a few pieces of fake wood that is nice. Right now I'm eyeing a piece at petco that I really want bad, don't know where I would put it but I WANT IT :D I also have 2 pieces outside I need to clean up and prepare for a tank.
    Although i would like a little more lighting over the 75 G in general I have standard lighting over my other tanks and the low light plants do fine. Thank you for asking. As you can see when you get me started about fish, tanks, wood or anything in that area I don't know when to shut up. ;D
    Carol

16. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Walmart is a great place to get fish supplies but not fish. I got an awesome 10 gallon kit (tank, heater, light, hood, water treatment, food, net, filter, and lots more) for only $50! 49.97 to be exact :p

And beeeeeautiful tank(s) Butterfly! The plants and wood make them so pretty!

17. dahly Member Member

Nice Tanks!  Now I want a 75 gallon!  Great job!

18. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thank You very much ;D I actually just finished re-doing the 75 G.

Attached Files:

19. joe Member Member

That tank looks really great :eek:

20. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thank you, the clown loaches needed more cave space so I built some more.
    Carol