75 g stocking question

1. ryankaren Initiate Member

well i made a thread week or 2 ago about a 55 gallon stock list but instead were gonna go ahead and get a 75 gallon the first of next month now my list for the 55 was
    8 albino corys
    2 anglefish
    1 bristlenose Pleco
    10 cherry barbs
    and 2 german blue rams

but my wife saw silver hatchetfish and feel in love with them lol and there is just so many choices

so our new list is along this lines for now but this list my stay
    4 angelfish - we will have a 37-45 gallon tank on standby if 2 pair off and get aggressive
    6 silver hatchet-fish more if you guys think we can
    1 bn pleco or rubber lip really depends on what we can find i just really like the fish so hes not there just for algae
    10-12 albino corys
    maybe another schooling fish if you guys think we can fit them in as well

any help/criticism on this list is welcome thanks for the help
    oh and we are gonna try and do a low light low maintenance planted tank if that helps any

2. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i think you could have more than six for sure. 8-10 if you want to add another type of schooler....more if you don't. but i think your list looks pretty good.

just a quick note about plants, low light, easy ones i like are: dwarf sag, anubias, java fern, mosses, crypts, vals, mircrosword, najas grass :)

3. ryankaren Initiate Member

cool on the list will prob do the 8-10 + a school of something then thank you
    and also big thanks on the plants as well defiantly like the looks of most of those

4. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the forum

I agree with jeri.

You'll be much happier with the 75!

How about a school of black neons for the top half of the tank?

5. ryankaren Initiate Member

thanks for the welcome and first time ive seen the black neons checked out a youtube and def like them

6. jbdub Member Member

Welcome! Everyone seems to like my Glowlight Tetras, originally i wasn't a huge fan but took them as a rescue. I like them now though as they're older and the bright orange stripes are more pronounced

7. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

black neons are nice looking...i had some once. they were mostly middle swimmers ime. i like bloodfins too. they are more of a mid/bottom swimmer....which might be good since hatchets are top

8. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

The black neons are excellent schoolers, as far as tetras are concerned. I think they really contrast well with colorful fish.

9. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i think the bloodfins are better schoolers :p and are more active....if the op cares about that

10. ryankaren Initiate Member

ya do like watching active fish lol and liking all fish suggestions so far- decisions decisions lol and thanks for the info/help everyone

11. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

In a 75 you could certainly have both the black neons and the bloodfins.

12. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

yes yesssss both would def work :p and just to throw out another idea too....i think von rio tetras are really pretty as well.

13. ryankaren Initiate Member

thanks agian :) ill look into all this shortly

14. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

The orange flames are much more attractive than the regular flame (von rio) tetras. They are the worst schooling fish I have.

I ALMOST said that in post #8 :) I thought about it, but didn't.

15. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i guess it depends if the person wants a really tight schooling fish or not. i've not had them...so i can't say. but i've seen them...maybe it was the orange, because they were very orange and would make a planted tank pop.

16. ryankaren Initiate Member

thank for all the help guess ill save this stock or some of it for another tank we just kinda feel in love with Cichlids so we may be doing some type of lake malawi setup sorry to waste any time but first time really looked into cichlids and there colors just kinda jump out at you