72gal BowFront Aquarium and Cabinet Project

salmonfly

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi,
Sorry I had to delete the previous posts on this project but I ran into a problem with YouTube.

So here it is again.
Scott

David C

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I can't tell from the videos, did you leave the wheels on the stand when you set it up or were they just for convenience of moving it around? It looks really nice though, wish my skills were as good as yours

Dave

OP
salmonfly

salmonfly

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
cabinet build

HI Dave,
Yes. That was my original intent to leave the casters on. Who knows, I may have to move it again.

Have a great day,
Scott

David C

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I just wasn't sure how that would work with so much weight being pushed down on the 4 small points. Most stands try and distribute the weight evenly over the floor rather than in such small points. You figure the tank full with stand weight around 700lbs and figure those casters have about 1sq inch of surface area (i'm being generous). So in the end, you are putting about 175lb/sq inch of weight on the floor. I suppose if you engineered the stand to distribute the weight in this fashion and the floor can hold up under those pressures, you would be safe. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Dave

New Threads