72gal BowFront Aquarium and Cabinet Project

Discussion in 'Freshwater Videos' started by salmonfly, Mar 15, 2010.

1. salmonfly

salmonflyNew MemberMember

2. David CWell Known MemberMember

I can't tell from the videos, did you leave the wheels on the stand when you set it up or were they just for convenience of moving it around? It looks really nice though, wish my skills were as good as yours :)

Dave

3. OP
    OP
    salmonfly

salmonflyNew MemberMember

cabinet build

Hi Dave,
    Yes. That was my original intent to leave the casters on. Who knows, I may have to move it again.

Have a great day,
    Scott

4. David CWell Known MemberMember

I just wasnt sure how that would work with so much weight being pushed down on the 4 small points. Most stands try and distribute the weight evenly over the floor rather than in such small points. You figure the tank full with stand weight around 700lbs and figure those casters have about 1sq inch of surface area (i'm being generous). So in the end, you are putting about 175lb/sq inch of weight on the floor. I suppose if you engineered the stand to distribute the weight in this fashion and the floor can hold up under those pressures, you would be safe. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Dave

5. acea091489Valued MemberMember

Love the bowfront.

6. treve

treveValued MemberMember

great job it looks beautiful :happy0034:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice