72g And 38g Stocking Advice

1. Miyyaro

Miyyaro Valued Member Member

Hi everyone! I am very excited because I found a way to set both my 72 AND my 38 gallon bowfront tanks up in the same location. Wewt. So I am looking for stocking advice. I have a loose idea already of what I want. I am in no rush, I still need to set up and cycle the 38 so this is just for fun at the moment. This may be a bit long....

Current -72g
    Angelfish x2 (mated pair)
    Pearl Gourami x3 (females)
    Betta x1 (male)
    Odessa Barbs x13 or so (plus 3 indian glassfish who think they are barbs. They ended up in my tank from an old tank I cleaned up and sold. I know they are supposed to be in a large group but they seem to have adapted well with the barbs!!)
    Sterbai Cory x7
    BN Pleco x1
    Snowball Pleco x1
    ADF x6
    Applesnail x3
    Peruvian apple snail x1
    Ammano shrimp x1

Future 72g stocking
    Angelfish x2 (mated pair)
    Pearl Gourami x5
    Betta x1 (male)
    Cardinal Tetra (suggestions welcome here) x10 (both my angels have lived with Cardinals before without issue)
    BN Pleco x1
    Another type of fancy pleco? x1
    ADF x6
    Applesnail x3
    Peruvian apple snail x2
    Ammano shrimp x8

Future 38g Stocking
    Moonlight Gourami x1
    Snowball Pleco x1
    Sterbai cory x10
    ** Odessa Barb/IGF x16

** The Odessas are really the only thing that doesn't fit. I'm seriously considering selling them and getting a more flashy, smaller schooling fish. Any suggestions? Preferably in the 2-3" range. Substrate will be white sand with driftwood and live plants.

Tips and suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks!!

2. Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

I'd be in over my head if I tried to answer this one, but I'll definitely link @TexasDomer so you get some great advice :)

Advertisement

3. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

As a replacement for the barbs, I’d suggest long-finned leopard/zebra danios. They’re flashy, active, and fun to keep. They’d also look great with the moonlight gourami. For another fancy pleco, I’d go for a blue phantom. I’ve always wanted one.

4. OP
    OP
    Miyyaro

Miyyaro Valued Member Member

Hopefully TexasDomer stops by. Pretty sure she's commented on some of my other very similar posts :p Love her advice!

Oh my goodness, long finned leopard danios are lovely!! Also, I do love the blue phantom as well. I haven't decided yet...theres so many to choose from :)

5. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

Good luck making a decision. I'm always happy to help :)

Advertisement