Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

72 gallon bow front

Discussion in 'Saltwater Tank Equipment' started by HyperionLore, Jun 17, 2011.

1. HyperionLoreNew MemberMember

Today I stumbled upon a big sale on aquariums. They had a 72 gallon bow front aquarium with a hood and a cabinet stand for $599.99. The ad for the tank said that it was normally an $1100.00 aquarium set but if I purchased it while it was on sale I could get it for $599.99 with a $100.00 gift certificate to the store. I can't remember if it came with any kind of set up kit or not, (I looked at a lot of tanks), but I was curious if that was a good deal for a tank that size. While my husband was on his deployment, he expressed the desire to start up a salt water aquarium, (I have three freshwater tanks). Seeing as I don't really know much of anything about salt water tanks, I was also wondering if this tank would be a suitable tank to surprise him with. Is this tank a good deal?

2. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

I had a 72g bow front a while back. Loved it. :) If I remember correctly, I paid $750.00 for the tank and stand, glass hoods and light. This was at least 10 years ago when I bought it. I think the price you were given is good, especially being new.

After the 72g I upgraded to a 155g bow front and loved it too.

I'm not a salt tank keeper but I'm pretty certain your husband will love it.

Keep us posted.

Ken